Subject: [netlmm] #96: Need to define access network

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:18:05 -0000

#96: Need to define access network
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]     |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                       |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  minor                        |   Milestone:  milestone3              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-ps  |     Version:  2.0                     
 Keywords:  PS draft                     |  
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 From Brian Carpenter, IESG chair:

 Discuss:
 1.1 Terminology

         Local Mobility (revised)
           Local Mobility is mobility over an access network. Note
           that, although the area of network topology over which the
           mobile node moves may be restricted, the actual geographic
           area could be quite large, depending on the mapping between
           the network topology and the wireless coverage area.

 Please state clearly whether an access network spans one or
 multiple IP subnets. (In fact, a separate definition of "access
 network" might be useful.)

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/96>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:19:30 -0000

#96: Need to define access network
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]     |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                       |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  minor                        |   Milestone:  milestone3              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-ps  |     Version:  2.0                     
Resolution:  fixed                        |    Keywords:  PS draft                
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 Following definition of access network has been added to Section 1.1:

 Access Network

 An access network is a collection of fixed and mobile network components
 allowing access to the Internet all belonging to a single operational
 domain.  It may consist of multiple air interface technologies (for
 example 802.16e [7], UMTS [8], etc.) interconnected with multiple types of
 backhaul interconnections (such as SONET [9], metro Ethernet [10], etc.).

 <with appropriate references>