Subject: [netlmm] #105: Mobile service authentication credentials may be the same as network access credentials

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:17:09 -0000

#105: Mobile service authentication credentials may be the same as network access
credentials
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone3              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  2.0                     
 Keywords:  REQ draft                     |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Jari Arkko, INT AD, submitted the following comment during AD Review:

 >      Although the credentials used for
 >      network access authentication could also be used for mobile service
 >      authentication and authorization if the local home agent uses EAP
 >      over IKEv2 to authenticate the mobile node with its home AAA
 >      server, the two sets of credentials are in principle different, and
 >      could require additional credential provisioning.

 I'm not sure I buy the argument about different credentials, but
 there is some work that would be needed. Suggest changing this
 to:

      The credentials used for
      network access authentication could also be used for mobile service
      authentication and authorization if the local home agent uses EAP
      over IKEv2 to authenticate the mobile node with its home AAA
      server. This may require additional authorization between the
      home and visited networks to use the same credentials for a
      different service, however.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/105>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:17:34 -0000

#105: Mobile service authentication credentials may be the same as network access
credentials
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                        |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone3              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  2.0                     
Resolution:  fixed                         |    Keywords:  REQ draft               
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 Changed.