Subject: [netlmm] Relay DAD and unecessary DAD

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:12:01 +0200

Folks,

I eventually managed to understand the tradeoff involved with DAD in 
NetLMM :-)

Without assumption on the link type, and assuming a per-MN subnet 
prefix, it seems that the absence of relay DAD functionality insuring 
domain-wide link-local address uniqueness comes at the the cost of 
having to tune DNA so that every MN's link-local addresses is DADed 
after each handover.

So it now seems that we'll have to choose between satisfying goal #2 
of the REQ draft vs. convincing the community that *in a NetLMM 
domain* relaying DAD for link-local is a good thing. FWIW 16ng wants 
this relay DAD too.

Best,

--julien

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm