Subject: [netlmm] #103: No need for comment on LMM service denial

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:07:34 -0000

#103: No need for comment on LMM service denial
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone3              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  2.0                     
 Keywords:  REQ draft                     |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Jari Arkko, INT AD, submitted this comment as part of AD Review:

 >      If the access network policy wants to deny localized mobility
 >      management to a mobile node, it can do so at the time network
 >      access authentication occurs, in a manner the reverse of how some
 >      networks restrict routing to the Internet before network access
 >      authentication and open it afterwards.

 Is there a need for this document to state anything about this?
 It does not appear to be a requirement that the NETLMM protocol
 needs to deal with. And in any case, typical networks where NETLMM
 would be run have per-mobile node authentication at L2, and they
 can generally perform any policing and differential treatment
 to the node they want.

 Suggest deleting this text.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/103>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:08:40 -0000

#103: No need for comment on LMM service denial
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                        |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone3              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  2.0                     
Resolution:  fixed                         |    Keywords:  REQ draft               
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 Deleted.