Subject: [netlmm] single sender of BU for an MN v/s multiple senders

From: Anand Bedekar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:59:15 -0600

In the model of draft-sgundave-mip6-proxymip6-01, the BUs corresponding 
to a given MN will be sent to that MN's HA from multiple Proxy Mobility 
Agents (PMAs) during the "lifetime" of that MN in the LMM domain. The 
possibility of multiple senders seems to lead to the need for various 
extensions to the MIPv6 RFC's BU message such as a new flag to 
distinguish PMIP BUs from normal BUs, a timestamp extension to resolve 
possible race conditions between multiple senders, etc. On the other 
hand, the model of draft-singh-netlmm-protocol-00 allows all the BUs for 
a given MN to originate from a single PMIP client/PMA, even as that MN 
goes from AR to AR within the domain. This is a useful feature which 
makes the proxy MIP client operation conceptually similar to the normal 
MIP client operation, and also eliminates the need for various 
extensions to the MIPv6 messages.

-Anand

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm