Subject: [netlmm] On merging the candidate drafts

From: "Narayanan, Vidya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 19:33:51 -0800

<WG Chair Hat ON>

There has been some discussion as part of the consensus calls on whether
or not a merged document should be considered as an option. People are,
of course, welcome to state their opinion on whether one of the drafts
is an acceptable starting point or if they prefer some other option
(e.g., a merged document, a new one starting from a clean slate, etc.).
However, prolonged discussion of this topic is not helping progress.
Please do state your preference in document adoption and provide your
reasons as part of the consensus call. But, let's refrain from a lengthy
discussion on the topic for now.  We will take all the opinions into
account. We can further look at the differences in the two drafts in
Prague.  After completion of the consensus call, we can decide the best
way forward based on consensus. 

Thanks,
Vidya

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:32:01 +0100

Vidya, do we have a direction on how to discuss IPv4?

IPv4 is out of scope by current Charter.

One of the candidate drafts has IPv4 features.

Alex

> way forward based on consensus. 

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________