Subject: RE: [netlmm] Significance of MN-Identifier

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:29:57 +0300

Kuntal,

> > Can you elaborate on this scenario? You may have something here, but I
> > need
> > to understand.
> >
> [KC>] Sure, please look in the MIP6-PMIP6 transitions I-D:
> 
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-giaretta-netlmm-mip-interactio
> ns-01.txt

Even this spec does not have to rely on MN-id. Match between MIP6 BCE and
PMIP6 BCE can very well be accomplished by looking at the HoA and HNP.
Additional level of indirection to a "MN-id" is not necessary.

More than that, it does not even work!

   Note that this requires that the MN-ID used by the mobile node during
   the IKEv2 set-up is the same of the MN-ID used by the MAG in PMIPv6
   signalling.

Now that we all figured out the MN-id used in PMIP6 is more likely to be a
RADIUS/Diameter-related identifier that is not known to the MN, the above
statement cannot be satisfied.

Alper

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm