Subject: [netlmm] Resolving Remaining Issues

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:33:54 +0300

Hello folks,

below is a summary of the issues that are still in our tracker for 
[draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6].  The removal of these issues requires 
working group consensus.  So it would be great if those of you who did 
not do this yet could take another look at the document with the issues 
in mind, and comment on the mailing list on whether or not you think 
they have been resolved.

Thank you,
- Christian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

#167: Support for Authentication Option

Monday, August 06, 2007, 4:35:37 PM | [email-masked]

Should IPSec be the only mechanism for securing the P-MIP6 signaling 
messages? Should we allow room for other mechanisms?

There are some currently active discussion threads in the ML.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

#157: Editorial Quality

Monday, August 06, 2007, 4:26:24 PM | [email-masked]

Improve editorial quality of document.

This issue was raised by Behcet Sarikaya on 2007/04/18.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

#165: Responsibility of Home Prefix Assignment

Monday, June 18, 2007, 9:35:44 AM | [email-masked]

Should the base PMIPv6 spec leave MN-HNP assignment exclusively to the 
LMA, or should it provide an option for the MAG to assign/retrieve the 
MN-HNP before it contacts the LMA?

This issue affects both v6 and v4 support. It was raised by Jouni 
Korhonen on 2007/06/09.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

#159: Application Abort upon PPP Re-establishment

Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 9:00:40 AM | [email-masked]

Could re-establishment of PPP session upon handover break running 
applications?

This issue was brought up by Jean-Mickael Guerin on 2007/07/23:

Jean-Mickael Guerin: As mentioned in the draft the ppp session is torn 
down then re-established. So I would suspect that some application on 
the mobile station could break. Do people have some feedback of their 
implementation for this case?

Sri Gundavelli: The link that is assumed on the MN-AR link is point to 
point link, PPP is just an example. We need to get some data on this for 
different SDO architectures, how the host handles the handoff scenario 
for this specific case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

#155: Ordering of RA and PBU

Thursday, April 19, 2007, 2:26:25 PM | [email-masked]

Clarify whether there should there be a pre-defined order in which a MAG 
sends (i) a Router Advertisement message to a mobile node after link 
attachment, and (ii) the Proxy Binding Update message to the LMA.

This issue was raised by JinHyeock Choi on 2007/04/16.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

#152: Initial Attachment vs. Handover Procedures

Thursday, April 19, 2007, 2:20:05 PM | [email-masked]

The procedures of initial network attachment and intra-PMIP6-domain 
handover should be described separately in section 3 of the draft.

This issue was raised by JinHyeock Choi on 2007/04/16.

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: "JinHyeock Choi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:06:48 +0430

IMO, the issue has been resolved in Sec 6.7.

IMO, the issue has been resolved. PMIPv6 procedure is adequately
described in Sec 3.

Best Regards

JinHyeock

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:36:41 +0200

I reviewed the -05 version of the document and what concerns
issue #165 I am OK with the current text. This issue can be
considered closed now.

Cheers,
	Jouni

> Should the base PMIPv6 spec leave MN-HNP assignment 
> exclusively to the LMA, or should it provide an option for 
> the MAG to assign/retrieve the MN-HNP before it contacts the LMA?
> 
> This issue affects both v6 and v4 support. It was raised by 
> Jouni Korhonen on 2007/06/09.