Subject: [netlmm] IETF-70 Agenda

From: "Narayanan, Vidya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:08:59 -0800

All,
We have uploaded the final agenda at
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/agenda/netlmm.txt.  A couple of
notes about the agenda - we have received way too many requests for
presentations, as you can see from the list.  We have tried to
accommodate the requests, although, we had to reduce the amount of time
to most of the new drafts to just 5 minutes.  We have also tried to
order the presentations with the following criteria - WG drafts, non-WG
drafts that have had discussions on the list, new problem statements,
other new drafts.  

We would like to spend the last half an hour of the meeting time kick
starting the rechartering discussions and next steps.  So, there will be
a hard cutoff on the presentations at 1430 to accommodate that.  Please
adhere to your time limit on the presentations.  

Also, to minimize computer swap times, we request that all presentations
be sent to the chairs by 6pm Vancouver time, Sunday, 12/2.  Please note
that it will not be feasible to accommodate exceptions to this, given
the very tight agenda.  

Please let us know if there are any corrections/comments on the agenda. 

Thanks,
Jonne and Vidya

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:32:24 -0800

Hi Vidya, Jonne,

These 5 min slots don't make sense to me. It is not sufficient
to present a problem and have some discussion on that. How can
we determine if the WG should address a particular problem in
5 minutes? Of course ideally we could do this on the mailing
list.

IMHO, the chairs should determine what is more important and
what needs to be addressed soon, allocate more time for those
and drop other presentations.

Vijay

---

From: "Narayanan, Vidya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:52:59 -0800

Hi Vijay,
With most of the documents not having been discussed on the mailing
list, it is not possible to guage the relative importance of topics or
what not.  It is not about what we as chairs think is important, it is
about what the WG thinks is important and we haven't had that
discussion.  So, it would be wrong to do what you propose at this stage.

The 5 min slots are really just for introducing the documents.  The
actual discussions should be taken to the mailing list.  Ideally, at the
IETF, only documents/topics that have been discussed on the mailing list
are discussed further at the meetings, but, we have a case here where
the WG spent most of its time on the actual WG document discussions
(which is good by itself).  It also does not make much of a sense to
have an extended rechartering discussion with no discussion of various
topics on the list prior to that.  Hence, we decided to provide time for
all the authors to introduce their documents and topics. 

Also, everyone should note that if we run out of time, it is possible
that not all the documents listed on the agenda are presented.  That is
the reasoning behind the ordering we chose as well. 

Thanks,
Vidya

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Vijay Devarapalli [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:32 AM
> To: Narayanan, Vidya; Soininen Jonne (NSN FI/Espoo)
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [netlmm] IETF-70 Agenda
> 
> Hi Vidya, Jonne,
> 
> These 5 min slots don't make sense to me. It is not 
> sufficient to present a problem and have some discussion on 
> that. How can we determine if the WG should address a 
> particular problem in
> 5 minutes? Of course ideally we could do this on the mailing list.
> 
> > accommodate the requests, although, we had to reduce the amount of 
> > time to most of the new drafts to just 5 minutes.  We have 
> also tried 
> > to order the presentations with the following criteria - WG drafts, 
> > non-WG drafts that have had discussions on the list, new problem 
> > statements, other new drafts.
> > 
> > starting the rechartering discussions and next steps.  So, 
> there will 
> > be a hard cutoff on the presentations at 1430 to accommodate that.  
> > Please adhere to your time limit on the presentations.
> > 
> > Also, to minimize computer swap times, we request that all 
> > presentations be sent to the chairs by 6pm Vancouver time, Sunday, 
> > 12/2.  Please note that it will not be feasible to accommodate 
> > exceptions to this, given the very tight agenda.
> >