Subject: [netlmm] De-registration with the HNP option present

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 21:27:11 -0800

Sri,

The following paragraph needs to be re-written.

>   Home Network Prefix Option (Non-Zero Prefix) present in the request:
> 
>    1.  The local mobility anchor MUST verify if there is an existing
>        Binding Cache entry for the mobile node, identified by the MN-
>        Identifier and with the home network prefix value matching the
>        prefix value in the Home Network Prefix Option of the request.
>        If there is a Mobile Node Interface Identifier Option present in
>        the request, it MUST be ignored for this search.  If there exists
>        a Binding Cache entry matching the specified criteria, the local
>        mobility anchor MUST consider the message as a request for
>        updating that specific mobility session.  The local mobility
>        anchor upon accepting the request MUST update the existing
>        Binding Cache entry and assign the home network prefix present in
>        the Binding Cache entry.  If there does not exist a Binding Cache
>        entry matching this specified criteria, the below considerations
>        MUST be applied.

I guess you wanted to say that the LMA, when it sees the home
network prefix option in the de-registration BU, should look for
the specific binding cache entry that corresponds to the home
network prefix in the home network prefix option. The LMA really
shouldn't really be ignoring the MN identifier option if present.

Here is a suggested re-write of the paragraph.

   Home Network Prefix Option (Non-Zero Prefix) present in the request:

    1.  The local mobility anchor MUST verify if there is an existing
        Binding Cache entry for the mobile node, identified by the MN-
        Identifier and the prefix value in the Home Network Prefix
        Option of the request.  If there exists a Binding Cache entry
        matching the specified criteria, the local mobility anchor MUST
        consider the message as a request for updating that specific
        mobility session and update the binding cache entry. If there
        does not exist a Binding Cache entry matching this specified
        criteria, the below considerations apply.

Vijay

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 21:38:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Vijay,

This is not for dereg. This is for reg BU, when there
is a valid HNP present, its under a different title.
If HNP and IID are both present, IID can be ignored, not
the MN-ID.

Sri

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 21:43:39 -0800

> If HNP and IID are both present, IID can be ignored, not

ah.. sorry my bad. This paragraph followed the de-registration
BU paragraph in the multi-homing section. I got confused. The
existing paragraph is fine then.

Vijay

---

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 21:49:51 -0800 (PST)

Ok. No problem.

Thanks
Sri