Subject: [netlmm] WG: Rechartering [was AW: use case 1]

From: "BLUME, Oliver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:45:12 +0200

Hi Vidya,

>From my point of view I would like to prioritize handover improvements,
e.g. for inter-access. For handover within one technology there are
standard specific optimisations, but for handover between technologies
PMIP currently does not provide a smooth handover. 3GPP will require
this before deploying PMIP for SAE handoff.

Unfortunately, it is not straight forward to map this to the proposed
items for rechartering (others have pointed to this as well, e.g.
Marco). So maybe the additional item(s) for rechartering should combine
handover optimisations and inter-access support:

[C,R] (Inter-MAG) handover optimization: Handling packets in flight upon
abrupt tunnel switch; 
      Please note that I am rather refering to MAG-LMA optimisation 
	than for MAG-MAG interworking (as might be done by MIPSHOP)

[C,R] Interaccess handover support: Solutions for handoffs across
interfaces involving different access networks  

As  inter-access handoff is further related to multihoming (Julien
pointed to this) I would also comment on

 [R]   Advanced multihoming: Supporting various multihoming scenarios,
including a single prefix across interfaces model

Several drafts for handover optimisations are available and work is
progressing, so good results can be achieved within the next 12 month.

Regards,

Oliver
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm