Subject: [Netslices] Fwd: MOBISLICE Workshop: Call for Papers

From: Seil Jeon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:27:12 +0200

Apologies for any cross-post received regarding the MOBISLICE workshop CFP.

*CALL FOR PAPERS*
*MOBISLICE - Mobility Support in Slice-based network control for
heterogeneous environments*
In conjunction with the 4th IEEE NFV-SDN Conference, 27th-29th November
2018, Verona, Italy

*Website: *http://mobislice.com

*Scope:*

Network slicing has been standing as one of the key enabling technologies
for the upcoming 5th Generation of Telecommunications. Alongside other
important technologies, such as NFV, SDN and MEC, its contributions to
isolated network provisioning in a more dynamic and flexible way are being
pursued in different industry and academia arenas throughout the world.
Nonetheless, considering the wide range of foreseen enhanced use cases (not
only in scope of 5G but also Beyond-5G), slicing aspects have been mostly
targeting either enhancements at the radio level, or the integration of
cloud resourcing capabilities for supporting network operation at the core
and/or the edge. As such, there is a wide gap related with the impact that
such slicing- based procedures will exert over mobility management processes
for seamless mobility support while the devices, network or services move
both physically (i.e., change their network point of attachment) as well as
virtually (i.e., between slices). It is evident that a vast majority of
access to on-line services is done while on the move, and considers not
only human-to-machine communications (such as ultra-HD video conferencing
and other services) but also machine-to-machine communications (such as
vehicles and drones/UAV’s for Internet of Things scenarios). The objective
of the MOBISLICE workshop is to foster the ideas of slice-based designs and
technologies in mobile scenarios and assess their impact, proposing
solutions and enhancements to their efficient, dynamic and elastic support.

*Topics:*

*The MOBISLICE workshop focuses, but is not limited to, the following
topics targeting slicing:*

   - *Use cases and architectures for MOBISLICES*
      - Slices in constrained environments (IoT,Edge, etc.)
      - Automotive service and ITS scenarios
      - Telco Operator and enterprise-based environments
      - Smart-X slice mobility

   - *Management and orchestration for MOBISLICES o Common operations and
   API*
      - Inter- and intra-slice mobility
      - Lifecycle management
      - Heterogeneous access convergence
      - High availability and reliability techniques

   - *Standardization trends and activities for MOBISLICES*
      - Status and progresses in 3GPP/ETSI/IETF/5GAA and other SDOs
      - Proposals and standardization direction for advanced slicing
      - SDN/NFV initiatives
      - Slice-enhanced Networking and telecommunication protocols

   - *Beyond-5G slicing*
      - Disruptive architectures
      - Zero-touch slice performance

*Technical Paper Committee:*

Abdelhakim Hafid, University of Montreal
Alex Galis, UCL
Antonio de la Oliva, UC3M
Carlos Bernardos, UC3M
Christian Rothenberg, UNICAMP
Diego Lopez, Telefonica
Dirk Trossen, InterDigital
Francisco Fontes, Altice Labs
Gino Carrozzo, Nextworks
John Kaippallimalil, Huawei USA
Juhoon Kim, Deutsche Telekom
Kashif Mahmood, Telenor
Marco Liebsch, NEC Labs
Ramon Casellas, CTTC
Riccardo Trivisonno, Huawei
Rui Aguiar, UA/IT
Sri Gundavelli, Cisco Systems
Sung Hwan Won, Nokia Bell Labs
Tarik Taleb, Aalto University
 Yong-Hyuck Evan Kim, QUalcomm
Younghan Kim, Soongsil University

*Submission:*

Papers will be submitted in PDF format via the EDAS platform at the
following link: http://edas.info/N25033
MOBISLICE will accept papers according to the IEEE NFV-SDN
conference “Workshop Papers" rules depicted in
http://nfvsdn2018.ieee-nfvsdn.org/authors/
Workshop papers may be up to five (5) pages in length (10pt font); max. one
additional page with over length page charge of USD100 if accepted.
To be published in the Workshop Proceedings and to be eligible for
publication in IEEE Xplore, at least one author of an accepted paper is
required to register and present the paper at the workshop. The IEEE
reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the
conference (including its removal from IEEE Explore) if the paper is not
presented at the conference. Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do
not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other
conference at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken
very seriously and the IEEE Communications Society will take action against
any author who engages in either practice.

*Important Dates:*

   - Workshop paper submission deadline:
      - August 28th, 2018

   - Acceptance notification:
      - September 20th, 2018

   - Camera-ready papers
      - October 7th, 2018

*Contacts*
Daniel Corujo <http://mobislice.com/#committee>, Universidade de Aveiro and
Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
Augusto Neto <http://mobislice.com/#committee>, Universidade Federal do Rio
Grande do Norte, Brazil
Seil Jeon <http://mobislice.com/#committee>, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea

If u gave any inqueries on this cfp drop u mail without hesitation please.

Regards,
Seil Jeon