Subject: [New-wg-docs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 07:44:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Framework for
    Automating Service and Network Management with YANG
        Authors         : Qin Wu
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Liang Geng
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2019-11-17

Abstract:
   Data models for service and network management provides a
   programmatic approach for representing (virtual) services or networks
   and deriving (1) configuration information that will be communicated
   to network and service components that are used to build and deliver
   the service and (2) state information that will be monitored and
   tracked.  Indeed, data models can be used during various phases of
   the service and network management life cycle, such as service
   instantiation, service provisioning, optimization, monitoring, and
   diagnostic.  Also, data models are instrumental in the automation of
   network management.  They also provide closed-loop control for the
   sake of adaptive and deterministic service creation, delivery, and
   maintenance.

   This document provides a framework that describes and discusses an
   architecture for service and network management automation that takes
   advantage of YANG modeling technologies.  This framework is drawn
   from a network provider perspective irrespective of the origin of a
   data module; it can accommodate even modules that are developed
   outside the IETF.

   The document aims to exemplify an approach that specifies the journey
   from technology-agnostic services to technology-specific actions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/