Subject: [New-wg-docs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 12:44:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : HyStart++: Modified Slow Start for TCP
        Authors         : Praveen Balasubramanian
                          Yi Huang
                          Matt Olson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   This doument describes HyStart++, a simple modification to the slow
   start phase of TCP congestion control algorithms.  Traditional slow
   start can cause overshotting of the ideal send rate and cause large
   packet loss within a round-trip time which results in poor
   performance.  HyStart++ combines the use of one variant of HyStart
   and Limited Slow Start (LSS) to prevent overshooting of the ideal
   sending rate, while also mitigating poor performance which can result
   from false positives when HyStart is used alone.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/