Subject: [New-wg-docs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-prr-rfc6937bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 23:18:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP
        Authors         : Matt Mathis
                          Nandita Dukkipati
                          Yuchung Cheng
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-prr-rfc6937bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2021-01-13

Abstract:
   This document updates the Proportional Rate Reduction (PRR) algorithm
   described as experimental in RFC 6937 to standards track.  PRR
   potentially replaces the Fast Recovery and Rate-Halving algorithms.
   All of these algorithms regulate the amount of data sent by TCP or
   other transport protocol during loss recovery.  PRR more accurately
   regulates the actual flight size through recovery such that at the
   end of recovery it will be as close as possible to the ssthresh, as
   determined by the congestion control algorithm.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-prr-rfc6937bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-prr-rfc6937bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-prr-rfc6937bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/