Subject: [newprep] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-blanchet-newprep-problem-statement-00]

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:28:08 -0500

FYI. a starting point. not meant as done yet!

Marc.

-------- Message original --------

A new version of I-D, draft-blanchet-newprep-problem-statement-00.txt 
has been successfuly submitted by Marc Blanchet and posted to the IETF 
repository.

Filename:	 draft-blanchet-newprep-problem-statement
Revision:	 00
Title:		 NewPrep Problem Statement
Creation_date:	 2010-03-01
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 7

Abstract:
Using Unicode codepoints in protocol strings requires preparation of
the string.  Internationalized Domain Names(idn) initial work defined
and used Stringprep and Nameprep.  Other protocols have defined
Stringprep profiles.  New approach different from Stringprep/Nameprep
is used for a revision of IDN.  This document summarize the
characteristics of both approach and provides guidance to protocol
designers for handling internationalized strings.

-- 
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
DTN news service: http://reeves.viagenie.ca
NAT64-DNS64 Opensource: http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca