Subject: [newtrk] newtrk-rfc-00

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 14:52:16 -0500

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

I agree with the recommendation of newtrk-rfc-00.

a) is this really equivalent to revoking the decision of 
   RFC3932?
   How does it differ?

b) April 1 documents can not be called RFC anymore?

c) assuming that the new document series is the
   "CFR" series, is accepting the newtrk-rfc-00 and 
   repurposing documents, almost the same as:

   s/ISD/RFC/  - Since RFC is brand name meaning "Internet Standard"
		 we should use that term from now on.

   s/RFC/STD/  - An RFC would point to a collection of STD
		 BCP and INF documents.

   s/RFC/CFR/  - anything not in the above categories is 
		 now in the new list.

d) According to newtrk-rfc-00, I'm unclear if if documents that
   the IESG decides to publish as being not-accepted (I think that
   they publish as historical?), would they become RFC or CFR?

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another Debian/notebook using, kernel hacking, security guy");  [
.
newtrk resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/index.html