Subject: RE: [newtrk] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-mankin-newtrk-rfc-00.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:56:53 +0200

Aaron,

> BCP92 specifies the following boilerplate added to independent
> submissions.  Doesn't this make it clear "that something IS NOT an
> IETF produced/reviewed document"?

This is good, but I'd like to see an example. What is at the top of the 
RFC header, and what is the entry in the RFC Index?

4155 Aaron's Damn Good Protocol. A. Falk. Janary 2008. (Format: TXT=1043 bytes) (Status:
     Non-IETF Submission)

- and - 

No Working Group                                                A. Falk 
Request for Comments: 4155                                          ISI
Category: Non-IETF Submission

					Aaron's Damn Good Protocol

blah, blah, blah ....

.
newtrk resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/index.html

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:45:32 -0800

FYI, Informational != non-IETF

E.g., what is a doc that is submitted as individual at the suggestion of 
a WG, even after substantial WG (and IESG) review and editing? (e.g., 
RFC-3884)

Joe