Subject: [newtrk] draft-ietf-newtrk-sample-isd-00 comment

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:14:11 +0100

Just finished scanning draft-ietf-newtrk-sample-isd-00.

The discussion of RFC 3848 made one thing leap out at me:

IANA registries are another of those things that link RFCs together.

The ISD should name IANA registries that are relevant to the ISD.
It's possible to find them by parsing the RFCs, but it may make people's 
lives easier if the ISD points them out.

In such cases as 3848, where the only "extension" is registering a few more 
names, there should be little reason to incorporate all such documents in 
the ISD. (Query - does it make sense to define ISDs for all of them? 
Probably - if only for consistency's sake).

                      Harald

.
newtrk resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/index.html

---

From: [email-masked] (scott bradner)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:31:16 -0500 (EST)

> The ISD should name IANA registries that are relevant to the ISD.

very good point

Scott

.