Subject: [newtrk] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-otis-newtrk-rfc-set-01.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:34:02 +0200

In a way I'm sorry to see the examples go.

I think some examples are quite important to make the idea seem real.
Indeed, they don't need to be in the I-D itself, but would it be possible to
have a demo site where people can look at some examples?

I think that a set of almost-real or real examples is the best way for
SRDs to get traction.

    Brian

[email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
> 
> 
> 	Title		: XML structure for Set of RFC Descriptors
> 	Author(s)	: J. Leslie, D. Otis
> 	Filename	: draft-otis-newtrk-rfc-set-01.txt
> 	Pages		: 12
> 	Date		: 2005-9-12
> 	
> This document introduces a new document series called Set of RFC
>    Documents (SRDs).  SRDs will be distinguished by names and serial
>    numbers.  SRDs contain Extensible Markup Language (XML) which can
>    automatically produce HTML and plaintext versions for human
>    consumption
> 
>    With many RFC being updated, this creates difficulty when determining
>    which RFCs are necessary as references when implementing or using
>    protocols.  Grouping RFC into sets that embody a specific endeavour
>    would permit stable references for those interested in discovering
>    related details.  The SRD name may also serve as a reference for
>    topical information stored in a database that is made available.
> 
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-newtrk-rfc-set-01.txt

.
newtrk resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/index.html