Subject: [newtrk] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-norm-ref-00.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:56:16 +0200

Commenting here as the list most likely to...

I'm enthusiastic. I don't know what the community reaction will
be, but personally I think we should just try this. It is a
deviation from existing BCPs, so it would need to be approved
as an RFC 3933 experiment.

In fact the only comment I have on the text is a tiny nit in the
second paragraph:

>    While downward references to, e.g., Internet Drafts, are possible,
>    they are not contemplated here.

I think this would be slightly clearer if it said "theoretically
possible."

I encourage comment on this draft; it might be worth mentioning
it on the WG Chairs list too.

     Brian

.
newtrk resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/index.html

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:29:40 -0500

> as an RFC 3933 experiment.

I think I wrote it that way.

> In fact the only comment I have on the text is a tiny nit in
> the second paragraph:
>
>>    While downward references to, e.g., Internet Drafts, are
>>    possible, they are not contemplated here.
>
> I think this would be slightly clearer if it said
> "theoretically possible."

Agree.  Working draft changed.  I'll await further comments, and 
maybe a plan about an approval path, before posting -01.

> it on the WG Chairs list too.

Probably, but I'm not on that list.  Could someone else do so?

     john

.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:47:54 +0200

> I think I wrote it that way.

Indeed, I just meant to indicate agreement.

> Agree.  Working draft changed.  I'll await further comments, and maybe a 
> plan about an approval path, before posting -01.
> 

Done

     Brian
.