Subject: new NFSv4 draft; location of diffs and summary of changes

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:00:09 -0600

As you can tell from the recent announcement, a new version of
the NFSv4 I-D is available.  A copy of the draft and a draft
including change bars is located in the following directory:

http://playground.sun.com/nfsv4/draft04

You will also find the latest .x file located there as well.

Below you will find the highlights of the changes made in -04.

Spencer

-----

- changeid4 data type added for correct definition of change_info4

- verifier4 data type added to use as common verifier/cookie type

- section added to describe callback rpc authentication

- volatile filehandle semantics for migration have been clarified

- section added discussing when server may release clientid

- section added discussing when server may release nfs_lockowner state

- change to allow lock sub-ranges and definition of error if server
	does not support

- recovery from timeout or abort of lock requests

- OPEN upgrade/downgrade added - new OPEN_DOWNGRADE operation

- NFS4ERR_JUKEBOX error changed to NFS4ERR_DELAY

- new NFS4ERR_NOT_SAME error for VERIFY operation

- CLOSE operation now takes a sequence id

- when LOCK operation is denied, offset nad length of blocking lock 
	is returned

- OPEN/OPEN_CONFIRM mechanism clarified with addition of flag in OPEN
	and confirmation needs to be done on first use of nfs_lockowner

- use of SETCLIENTID_CONFIRM is now required

- IANA considerations section added