Subject: Draft update (pre-draft-07)

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:31:13 -0500

I have incorporated changes to address Vern's comments and other
comments received since draft-06.  A "pre-draft-07" version is 
available at:

http://playground.sun.com/nfsv4/draft0601/draft-ietf-nfsv4-06-01.txt

Version with change bars:
http://playground.sun.com/nfsv4/draft0601/draft-ietf-nfsv4-06-01.diff

A majority of the changes were typos, clarfications in explanatory
text, or other minor changes.  I will submit this version to the
editor for publication as draft-07 within a day or two (essentially
once I receive feedback from Vern and our area directors).

There have been 3 changes to this draft that are what I consider
substantive in nature.  They are as follows:

- Integration of Mike Eisler's suggestion for use of mutual authentication
  on the callback path.  This was done to address an issue raised in
  Adelaide about administrative burden (see minutes for additional details).

- Removal of duplicate attribute bitmasks in the NVERIFY/VERIFY 
  operations

- Change in the definition of "const ACE4_GENERIC_WRITE" per 
  Vern Paxson's comments

I will be sending a response to Vern's comments under separate cover
to ensure that we close the loop on his comments.

Spencer