Subject: supp_attr and write-only attributes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:45:12 -0700

The way that the description of supp_attr is worded ("the
bit vector which would retrieve ...") doesn't take account
of the fact that there are now recommended write-only 
attributes.

I'm assuming that the intention is that all supported attributes
should be included even if you can't use them to retrieve
anything so that the bit for time_access_set should be included
if the server supports setting that attribute.

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:57:11 -0500

> if the server supports setting that attribute.

Not sure that I read it the same way but the intent is that
the bit vector returned represents all attributes that are
supported (READ, READ/WRITE, WRITE).

The mis-phrasing is the 'retrieve' is meant to apply to retrieving
the 'supp_attr' attribute not retrieving the rest of the
attribute set.  Oh well.

Spencer