Subject: NFS Vendors Conference

From: Audrey Van Belleghem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:24:37 -0700

Nearly 20 companies are registered to attend the NFS Vendors Conference
this October 24-25, 2000 in Santa Clara, CA.  Here are some details:

What:  NFS Vendors Conference

Who:  Sponsored by Sun Microsystems, EMC, Hummingbird and Network
Appliance

When:  October 24-25, 2000

Where:  At the Techmart, Fremont Conference room, in Santa Clara,
California

Why:  To bring NFS vendors, customers, end users, ISVs and industry
experts together to discuss the protocol in depth from a marketing and
managerial perspective.

Who should attned:  IT managers responsible for file and Web services,
marketing and business professionals and engineering managers interested

in updating their knowledge about technical and marketing issues
surrounding NFS.

Keynote speeches:
*John Lee (Sun Director of Solaris Data Technology)
*Brian Pawlowski (Network Appliance Chief Technical Officer, Europe)
*Carl Beame (Hummingbird NFS Senior Architect)
*Uresh Vahalia (EMC Director or Software, Network Storage Division)

Topics to be covered:
*Future directions for NFS with emphasis on NFS version 4
*IDC forecast for NFS and the distributed file system market
*Customer perspectives presented by Univeristy of Delaware and Morgan
Stanley
*NFS and Linux
*Contrasting technologies:  NFS, CIFS, DFS and how these solutions work
together
*Roadmap, vision and future directions for NFS at Sun

 How to register:  For more information, see http://www.nfsconf.com