Subject: NFSV4 over RDMA architecture

From: Somenath Bandyopadhyay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:00:39 -0700

Few questions on this:

1. Is there any progress on this area after the presentation of
"NFS over RDMA" found at
http://www.connectathon.org/talks01/?

2. What kind of RDMA architecture is looked at? Is it VIA? Infiniband?
WARP?

3. Shall we open up a discussion thread here about RDMA issues related
to filesystem protocols?
    There could be several issues raised...let us know if this is open
for discussion...

thanks, som.

--
+----------------------------------------+
|Somenath Bandyopadhyay, Veritas Software|
|ph: 650-527-1566                        |
+----------------------------------------+

---

From: Alex Chiu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:53:43 -0700

We are actively working on NFS over RDMA.  
Interconnects currently under consideration are 
VIA and Infiniband, but we are also looking at any 
alternatives which make sense.  As NFS over RDMA 
will bypass the TCP/IP protocol stack, we are seeking 
standardization via SNIA.  Currently, we are in the 
early stage of forming a wg under SNIA.  When such a 
wg is formed, you are welcome to open updiscussions 
on NFS over RDMA.

Alex