Subject: Connectathon tests for NFSv4

From: "Bruce Allan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:41:09 -0800

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I'm relatively new to the list.

Is someone working on expanding the Connectathon tests to verify the new
protocol features of NFS v4 not found in previous NFS versions?  If not,
are there other test suites available or planned that verify this
functionality?

TIA,
---
Bruce Allan  <[email-masked]>
Software Engineer, Linux Technology Center
IBM Corporation, Beaverton OR
503-578-4187   IBM Tie-line 775-4187

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:20:18 -0600

> are there other test suites available or planned that verify this

At this point, there are no plans to expand the connectathon tests.

There are two efforts to development a test framework to drive the
testing of an NFSv4 server.  The most advanced at this point is the
work by Peter <[email-masked]>.  Additional info on his work is at:
http://www.cendio.se/~peter/pynfs

A similar project is at http://nfsv4shell.sourceforge.net.  However,
this tool has not been updated to match the most recent NFSv4 draft.

-- 
Spencer