Subject: CREATE opened file

From: "Sergey Klyushin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:26:32 -0500

Let's consider the case when open_owner has file opened through previous
OPEN(OPEN) or OPEN(CREATE)

and sends OPEN(CREATE) request for the same file (THE SAME OPEN_OWNER).

What should happen?

My understanding of this case:

1. OPEN(CREATE) with GUARDED flag should fail

2. OPEN(CREATE) with UNCHECKED flag should succeed. All attributes are
ignored with exception of file size of zero,

as specified in protocol (file will be truncated to 0). Share_Access and
Share_Deny should be processed the same way as 

in case of OPEN_UPGRADE.

3. OPEN(CREATE) with EXCLUSIVE flag. Interesting case. I believe it
should succeed if verifier is the same and 

Share_Access and Share_Deny should be processed the same way as in case
of OPEN_UPGRADE.

I would like to hear opinion of other implementations.

Sergey