Subject: MORE on new NFSv4 Linux release from CITI

From: "William A.(Andy) Adamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:10:12 -0400

Just a note: We have released an update patch. See the web site below.

Our process is to release a series of update patches, which will include bug 
fixes and new functionality, and at times, checkpoint main patches and update 
patches into a new main patch.

-->Andy

>This is an announcement of a new public release of NFS version 4 for Linux, 
by
>the Center for Information Technology Integration (CITI), at the University 
of
>Michigan. This work is sponsored by Sun Microsystems, and also supported by 
>Network Appliance.
>
>This release includes preliminary support for acl's and for kerberos 
>authentication, and is in the form of a patch against the linux 2.4.18 
kernel,
>with cryptoapi and acl patches already applied.
>
>To download a set of patchs for the 2.4.18 kernel, please see:
>http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/june_2002_rel/index.html
>
>Of course, we have our disclaimer: This is development code which is 
>incomplete in many ways, and although closer to the point of being ready for 
>the kernel, it is not there yet.  Please bear this in mind when running it. 
>The web page provides an email address for bug fixes - which we anticipate!
>
>We are dividing our time between making patches for submission to the Linux 
>2.5.x kernel, and developing new features for the Linux 2.4.18 kernel.
>
>-->Andy Adamson
>   Center for Information Technology and Integration, University of Michigan