Subject: new NFSv4 Linux release from CITI

From: "William A.(Andy) Adamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:32:00 -0400

This is an announcement of a new public release of NFS version 4 for Linux, by 
the Center for Information Technology Integration (CITI), at the University of 
Michigan. This work is sponsored by Sun Microsystems, and also supported by 
Network Appliance.

This release includes preliminary support for acl's and for kerberos 
authentication, and is in the form of a patch against the linux 2.4.18 kernel, 
with cryptoapi and acl patches already applied.

To download a set of patchs for the 2.4.18 kernel, please see:
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/june_2002_rel/index.html

Of course, we have our disclaimer: This is development code which is 
incomplete in many ways, and although closer to the point of being ready for 
the kernel, it is not there yet.  Please bear this in mind when running it. 
The web page provides an email address for bug fixes - which we anticipate!

We are dividing our time between making patches for submission to the Linux 
2.5.x kernel, and developing new features for the Linux 2.4.18 kernel.

-->Andy Adamson
   Center for Information Technology and Integration, University of Michigan