Subject: recent problems with the NFSv4 WG alias and archive

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:43:40 -0600

There have been a few problems of late with the NFSv4 WG archive
and the alias itself.  The archive problems are simple in that they
are currently offline.

The alias problems are less visible but do exist.  There was a SNMP
infrastructure change with Sun recently that resulted in more hops for
mail delivery.  This in turn has (for some recipients) turned out to
exceed the limits of SNMP hops for properly receiving mail.

Because of this (and other minor issues), I have submitted a request
to have the NFSv4 WG alias hosted by the IETF.  This should help in
identifying list location, availability of archives, and delivery
issues.  I expect that it will take a few days before the new list is
available and will post information as I have it.

Note that in the interim, some people are not receiving email properly
because of the hops issue.  There is an archive of everything being
sent to the alias so the information will be available eventually
(hopefully short term).  Please keep this in mind if you don't hear
back from your favorite WG member since they may not have received
your email in the first place. :-(

-- 
Spencer