Subject: [nfsv4] more re: NFS4ERR_CLID_INUSE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:13:23 -0500 (EST)

> IMHO, it's all in the name to id mapping configuration.
> if the principal name in the RPCSEC_GSS transport of the SETCLIENTID call maps 
> to the same UID of the previous client incarnation setclientid principal, then 
> the names are the same. otherwise, NFS4ERR_CLID_IN_USE should be returned.
> 
> so, compare UIDs.

I've thought a bit about that. The problem I see is that lots of clients are
going to use "root->uid==0" for mounts. Do I trust "root" on all these clients?
In other words, should [email-masked] be allowed to SetClientID
over top of a SetClientID that used [email-masked], with the same
client id name?

I suppose you could argue that each "root@XXX" should be mapped to a different
uid, none of which are uid==0, but then you've still got the same problem, in
that AUTH_SYS with uid==0 doesn't equate to [email-masked].

So, I'm afraid I don't see that comparing the uids works? rick

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4