Subject: [nfsv4] Question about maxrequestsize

From: Fredric Isaman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:01:14 -0500 (EST)

In section 16.36.5 of nfsv4.1-draft08.txt discussing CREATE_SESSION, it 
talks about maxrequestsize and maxresponsesize.  In particular, it states 
that RPC header size must be included, presumably so that we are 
discussing actual over-the-wire sizes. But in that case, are we meant to 
calculate header_size + xdr_encoded_response, or the actual over-the-wire 
sizes, which are affected by GSS wrapping?

 	Fred

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Mike Eisler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:21:48 -0800 (PST)

> sizes, which are affected by GSS wrapping?

You are meant to calculate the actual over-the-wire sizes.
Imagine a request or response with a single Record Marking
header. The length encoded there must be less than or equal
to the maxrequestsize or maxresponsesize. I will clarify
in the draft-09.