Subject: [nfsv4] Federated Filesystems using v4 (new mailing list)

From: "Renu Tewari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:02:03 -0800

For all those who attended the federated filesystem BoF at the FAST
conference last week  and the one at Connectathon before that and others who
are interested in  issues related to federated filesystems using v4
especially creating common namespaces and  cross cluster  referrals we have
a new mailing list setup at [email-masked]
Please send a mail to the list if you want to be included.

regards
Renu
IBM Almaden
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:05:52 -0600

On Feb 20, 2007, at 12:02 AM, Renu Tewari wrote:

> conference last week  and the one at Connectathon before that and  
> others who are interested in  issues related to federated  
> filesystems using v4 especially creating common namespaces and   
> cross cluster  referrals we have a new mailing list setup at xdl- 
> [email-masked]

Sorry that I was not present at these meetings to have
the full context at hand but your note does raise a couple of
questions.

Is there presentation or summary material available for these
discussions to provide background for those not present?

 From that background material, does it make sense to host
the discussions here on the NFSv4 IETF alias?  In other words,
will the work potentially lead to IETF standards track or information
documents or are there interpretation issues that may arise
that relate to the NFSv4 protocol?

Spencer

---

From: Tom Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:27:29 -0600

Another question would be whether this mailing list will be archived
and available on the web?