Subject: [nfsv4] pNFS Objects and Blocks I-Ds (last call preparation)

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:49:16 -0500

As discussed on Monday, the two I-Ds dealing with the blocks and
objects pNFS layout types are targeted to start a working group
last call next Monday.  Currently, I see these last calls running
concurrently and for two weeks.

This serves as a notice to the authors to ensure that any updates
are made by/on next Monday.

For potential reviewers, please speak up if this two week time window
is going to be insufficient for your review.  To be specific, the
last call period would start March 17th and end on March 31st.

Spencer
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Brent Welch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:01:53 -0700

I have just posted -06 of these drafts, (Thanks, Benny!)
and they have been accepted and are available on the IETF site.  
Please use this version as the base for your feedback for Last Call.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj-06.txt

>>>Spencer Shepler said:

--
Brent Welch
Director, Software Architecture, Panasas Inc
The Leader in Parallel Storage

www.panasas.com
[email-masked]

---

From: "Mike Eisler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:10:24 -0700 (PDT)

I've posted this comment for thre Objects I-ID  but it applies to
the blocks I-D too:

The field names of each data type ought to be prefixed with an
abbreviation of the data type. For example, there is a field named
"length". It is going to be very painful for source code browsers
to distinguish that commonly used field name among all data types
of most kernels.