Subject: [nfsv4] word smithing changes for chapter 16 (COMPOUND)

From: "Mike Eisler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

http://eisler.com/nfsv4-wg/2008-03-23-ch16.html

Most of the changes here were due to the current stateid concept being
insufficiently and in some places incorrectly specified (some places in the
spec said the current stateid was (seqid, other) = (1, 0), others said it
was (0, 0); I opted for the former).

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: "Mike Eisler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:07:55 -0700 (PDT)

> was (0, 0); I opted for the former).

There was an issue with whether operations like READ and WRITE would
set the current stateid. Spencer Shepler and Dave Noveck agreed that they
MUST NOT. I have changed the text to reflect that, and the current changes
for chapter 16 can be viewed at:

  http://eisler.com/nfsv4-wg/2008-03-31-ch16.html

I will go ahead and check these changes in and if anyone objects, and a new
consensus is reached, I will make the necessary edits.