Subject: [nfsv4] NFS4ERR_CONN_BINDING_NOT_ENFORCED not needed

From: "Mike Eisler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 20:52:15 -0700 (PDT)

The spec says:

15.1.12.3.  NFS4ERR_CONN_BINDING_NOT_ENFORCED (Error Code 10073)

   The client is made an attempt to use enforced connection association,
   when it has disabled enforcement when the client ID was created, in
   that it did not opt for SP4_SSV state protection when the client ID
   using EXCHANGE_ID.

-------------------------------
Aside from the issue that enforced connection association is supported
w/ SP4_MACH_CRED state protection too, the problem with this error is
that it is a hold over from when the spec had a the state protection at the
session level, (and not the client ID level), and BIND_CONN_TO_SESSION
took a digest in its arguments and results, instead of using the SSV
or machine credential (
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-09#section-17.36
).

So (among other surgery in the spec to get rid of incorrect statements
about connection association enforcement), I propose deleting the error.

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4