Subject: [nfsv4] New drafts of the federated-fs documents

From: "Ellard, Daniel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 17:06:11 -0400

[Apologies if you have already seen this...]

On Tuesday I uploaded new versions of the three "federated-fs" drafts to
the IETF repository. These drafts summarize the work done by the
"federated-fs" community to define a cross-platform protocol for
constructing, managing, and using a global, shared-namespace federated
file system on top of NFSv4.

This work was recently described at the IETF meeting in Dublin.

The three documents are:

1. The requirements document

    draft-ellard-nfsv4-federated-fs-03

2. The "NSDB protocol" document:

    draft-tewari-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-03

3. The server-admin document:

    draft-ellard-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-02

Comments appreciated!

If you wish to get involved in this project, please join our mailing
list:

    https://lists.sdsc.edu/mailman/listinfo/federated-fs

Or join our weekly conference call, every Thursday at 2pm EDT (see the
mailing list for dial-in information and weekly agendas).

Enjoy,
    -Dan

--
Daniel Ellard, NetApp
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4