Subject: [nfsv4] [FedFS] revision of R8 requirement

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:04:36 -0400 (EDT)

Below is my proposed revision of the R8 requirement from 
draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-reqts-00:

The original version:
---------------------

   R8:   USING THE FEDERATION INTERFACES, it MUST be possible to perform
         queries about the state of objects relevant to the
         implementation of the federation namespace.

         It MUST be possible to query the fileserver named in an FSL to
         discover whether a junction exists at a given path within that
         FSL.

The modified version:
---------------------

   R8:   USING THE FEDERATION INTERFACES, it MUST be possible to perform
         queries about the state of objects relevant to the
         implementation of the federation namespace.

         It MUST be possible to query the fileserver named in an FSL to
         discover the junctions, if any, in that FSL. For each 
         reported junction, the fileserver must return the path within 
         the FSL and the FSN targeted by the junction.
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4