Subject: [nfsv4] RPCSEC_GSSv3: extensions for process labeling, etc...

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:06:19 -0600

I finally wrote an I-D for dealing with process security labels in NFSv4
(and other ONC RPC protocols).

If the WG wants to take this on I'll need an editor and/or co-author as
I don't really have the cycles to see this through to publication.

Features of RPCSEC_GSSv3:

 - compound authentication of client host and user to server
    - needed to provide servers with assurance of client ID in order to
      evaluate process credentials assertions while still retaining user
      authentication
 - process credentials assertions
    - security labels
    - privileges (app-specific)
    - identity (app-specific; think: replacement for AUTH_SYS that uses
      name@domain on the wire, plus GSS-API for client auth!)
 - channel binding (without a hash function)

Nico

----- Forwarded message from IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]> -----

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:08:59 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-williams-rpcsecgssv3-00
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-williams-rpcsecgssv3-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Nicolas Williams and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-williams-rpcsecgssv3
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Security Version 3
Creation_date:	 2009-01-12
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 22

Abstract:
This document specifies version 3 of the Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
security protocol (RPCSEC_GSS).  This protocol provides for: compound
authentication of client hosts and users to server (constructed by
generic composition), channel binding, security label assertions for
multi-level and type enforcement, privilege assertions and identity
assertions.

The IETF Secretariat.

----- End forwarded message -----
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: "David P. Quigley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:40:18 -0500

Since this is instrumental to my work I'll co-author it but keep in mind
I'm still relatively new to RPC and the IETF process as a whole. What
kind of effort do you need on my part with respect to the document and
implementation?

Dave