Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-lfs-registry-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 17:14:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Registry Specification for Mandatory Access Control (MAC) Security Label Formats
        Authors         : David P. Quigley
                          Jarrett Lu
                          Thomas Haynes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-lfs-registry-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-05-01

Abstract:
   In the past Mandatory Access Control (MAC) systems have used very
   rigid policies which were hardcoded into the particular protocol and
   platform.  As MAC systems are more widely deployed additional
   flexibility in mechanism and policy is required.  Where traditional
   trusted systems implemented Multi-Level Security (MLS) and integrity
   models, modern systems have expanded to include technologies such as
   type enforcement.  Due to the wide range of policies and mechanisms
   it has proven through past efforts to be virtually impossible to
   accomodate all parties in one security label format and model.

   To allow multiple MAC mechanisms and label formats in a network, this
   document proposes a registry of label format specifications.  This
   registry contains several identifiers to accomodate both integer and
   string preferences and associates those identifiers with an extensive
   document outlining the exact syntax and use of the particular label
   format.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-lfs-registry/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-lfs-registry-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/