Subject: [nfsv4] Connectathon 2015 talks

From: Rob Thurlow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 08:10:25 -0700

On 12/5/14 10:04 AM, Bill Baker wrote:

> Oracle will be hosting Connectathon 2015 the last
> week in February (2/23 - 2/27) in the Agnews
> auditorium on Oracle's Santa Clara Campus.

I’m organizing the Connectathon Talks for Connectathon 2015.  It
will be great to see you at the show!

Unlike the testing floor, these talks are open to the public, and will 
be held in the upstairs conference room in the Mellon Auditorium, as in 
years past.  The talks are held Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons during 
Connectathon 2015.  Appropriate topics are technical talks on areas that 
are of broad interest to the NFS community.

If you are interested in presenting a talk, please send me:

   o  A presentation title
   o  A 2-4 sentence abstract of the presentation
   o  The name and e-mail addresses of all presenters.  I will not share 
these with anyone
   o  How long you need: typically 30 or 60 minutes

A VGA overhead projector is available.

In addition to presentations by individuals, we have space for “birds of 
a feather” sessions where we can hold group discussion on topics 
relevant to our community.  These sessions would be held during one or 
more of the normal talk slots (Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon), and 
would also be open to the public.  Some initial ideas for BOF sessions 
include:

   o  NFS Testing (a perennial favorite)
   o  NFS/Kerberos (especially ease of use)
   o  NFS/RDMA

Please give these a +1 and/or send other suggestions.

A schedule of talks and BOF sessions will be posted on the 
www.connectathon.info web site as we get closer to the event.

Thanks,
Rob Thurlow

---

From: Marc Eshel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:36:03 -0800

Hi Rob,

Last year I gave a presentation on the potential extension of the NFS 
protocol with support for extended attributes. Since last year the 
proposal evolved but there is some basic objection to the need of xattr in 
the NFS protocol. I would like to review what we have so far and than have 
a discussion on the need for xattr or not.

From:   Rob Thurlow <[email-masked]>
To:     [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date:   01/08/2015 07:12 AM
Subject:        Connectathon 2015 talks
Sent by:        [email-masked]

   o  A presentation title

Thanks,
Rob Thurlow
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-nfs" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html