Subject: [nfsv4] Fwd: Expiration impending: <draft-cel-nfsv4-rpcrdma-cm-pvt-msg-02.txt>

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 11:45:32 -0400

Hello!

> Begin forwarded message:
> 
> From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Expiration impending: <draft-cel-nfsv4-rpcrdma-cm-pvt-msg-02.txt>
> Date: March 12, 2018 at 7:42:07 AM EDT
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Resent-From: <[email-masked]>
> Resent-To: [email-masked]
> 
> The following draft will expire soon:
> 
> Name:     draft-cel-nfsv4-rpcrdma-cm-pvt-msg
> Title:    RDMA Connection Manager Private Data For RPC-Over-RDMA Version 1
> State:    I-D Exists
> Expires:  2018-03-22 (in 1 week, 2 days)

In these handy reminder e-mails, it would be helpful to include the dates
during which the draft submission tool is closed due to IETF meetings. This
reminder was sent to me on the 12th, even though the submission tool had
been closed for a week already.

I recognize that there is little harm in allowing a draft to expire for a
few days, and in this case, the tool will be open soon enough to prevent
expiry of this particular I-D. However, it seems I hit this issue nearly
every IETF meeting. Perhaps when an IETF meeting is near, the automated
reminders could be sent out earlier (eg. a week before the tool closes).

Thanks!

--
Chuck Lever