Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-integrity-measurement-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 07:37:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Integrity Measurement for Network File System version 4
        Author          : Charles Lever
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-integrity-measurement-05.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2019-06-06

Abstract:
   This document specifies an OPTIONAL extension to NFS version 4 minor
   version 2 that enables Linux Integrity Measurement Architecture
   metadata (IMA) to be conveyed between NFS version 4.2 servers and
   clients.  Integrity measurement authenticates the creator of a file's
   content and helps guarantee the content's integrity end-to-end from
   creation to use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-integrity-measurement/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-integrity-measurement-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-integrity-measurement-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-integrity-measurement-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 10:44:53 -0400

> Begin forwarded message:
> 
> From: [email-masked]
> Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-integrity-measurement-05.txt
> Date: June 6, 2019 at 10:37:48 AM EDT
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> 
> 

This revision attempts to address Dave's review comments on -04. In particular,
the Introduction explains why it is not necessary for the document to describe
in detail the format of IMA metadata, as he suggested in his review.

Section 4 now includes discussion of OPEN(CREATE) and NVERIFY/VERIFY, in addition
to a new status code for reporting integrity check failures.

I've also expanded the discussion of the use of certificates for authentication,
though it's possible to go into more detail if someone has suggestions.

The draft submission window will close for IETF 105 on July 7.

--
Chuck Lever