Subject: [nfsv4] Way forward with draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661-msns-update-00

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 09:44:06 +0000

NFSv4 WG,

I did notify David Noveck and Chuck Lever a week ago that IESG has a
preference for how to progress draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661-msns-update-00.
This should of course have been communicated to the WG also, now
rectifying this error.

The preference is for making the updates in a document that contains all
the text of the previous with the changes and correction applied. There
will also need to be some documenting of the know issues that aren't
addressed in this one and a disclaimer to that effect. The IESG is aware
of that this becomes a very large document.

cheers

Magnus Westerlund 
TSV AD

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Architecture & Protocols, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:02:25 -0400

I'll be submitting draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-00 tomorrow.  The
document is about 670 pages.  Looking at an rfcdiff against rfc5661 is
probably the only reasonable way to review it.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019, 5:44 AM Magnus Westerlund <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>