Subject: [Nfvrg] IEEE NetSoft 2016 Demonstrations

From: Roberto Riggio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 17:34:03 +0200

IEEE NetSoft 2016 Demonstrations

The 2nd IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization
6-10 June 2018, Seoul, Korea

CALL FOR DEMONSTRATIONS

The IEEE conference on Network Softwarization symposium, NetSoft, invites
demonstration proposals on networking software related research prototypes.
As
a high-profile, leading edge forum for researchers and engineers in the
field
of networking software, Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network
Function
Virtualization (NFV), NetSoft 2016 offers a unique opportunity to
demonstrate
innovative and leading edge networking software prototypes, engage with
highly
skilled technical audience, and discuss emerging technologies with key
thought
leaders.

Demonstrations showcasing working systems, innovative applications, ground
breaking ideas, and novel concepts related to networking software are
welcome.
In particular, we are seeking the following types of contributions without
implying any order of preference:

* Demonstrations from student authors related to the concepts presented in
their paper(s).

* Demonstrations from authors whose contributions have been accepted in the
main conference and workshops

* Demonstrations from faculty and academic research groups related to
NetSoft
2016 key topics

* Demonstrations from industrial researchers.

* Demonstrations from open source communities.

Submission Guidelines

Prospective contributors are expected to turn in a demo proposal in the
form of
a 2-page paper in IEEE conference double-column format, preferably
incorporating
a demo system architecture illustration. Demo papers will be peer-reviewed
and
accepted demo papers will be included in the electronic
conference/workshops
proceedings bundle provided to Networks 2016 delegates and will be
subsequently
submitted to IEEExplore. The paper should incorporate the following:

* Title
* Abstract
* Description
* Key networking concepts involved and what is demonstrated
* Prototype Illustrations
* Highlights of the innovation, ground breaking, novel ideas in the area of
Networking Software.
* A crisp list of individual items that will be demonstrated.
* The list of technical requirements for the demonstration (power outlet,
space, etc.).

The proposal may include additional documents like power points, etc., that
clarifies the demonstration. Demonstration proposal papers should be
submitted
through electronic mail (E-mail) to [email-masked],
[email-masked], and [email-masked] by April 29th,
2016.

The NetSoft 2016 program committee will review the demonstration proposals
for
acceptance, based on the following criteria:

* Significance of the research contribution in terms of innovation,
novelty,
ground breaking in the area of networking software.

* Potential impact on the field of networking and more importantly on
Network
Softwarization.

* The specification of the list of individual items that will be clearly
demonstrated.

* The clarity and the quality of the documentation provided along with the
demonstration proposal.

The NetSoft 2016 program committee will send acceptance notifications to a
selected list of contributors no later than April 15th, 2016. The selected
contributors are required to submit camera-ready presentation document that
will be used for the demonstration by May 9th, 2016. This submission should
include the following documents:

* The original proposal document(s) incorporating any corrections and
clarifications required by the committee.

* Demonstration is expected to be within 20-30 minutes. Optionally, a power
point presentation document could be used as support for the demonstration.

* A detailed prototype description document that describes the
demonstration
setup, hardware and software used, explanation of the theory involved,
description of the software architecture and design.

* An abstract of the detailed document that will be published in the
conference
proceedings.

At least one author of each accepted proposal is required to register for
the
NetSoft 2016 main conference and demonstrate their prototype at the
specified
session.

Important Dates

Submission deadline: April 15th, 2016
Acceptance notification: April 29th, 2016
Camera ready: May 9th, 2016

Demonstrations Co-Chairs

Sungwon Lee, KHU, Korea
Roberto Riggio, Create-Net, Italy

Noriaki Kamiyama, Osaka University, Japan