Subject: [Nfvrg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-02.txt

From: Giacomo Bernini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 08:48:45 +0200

Dear all,

this email is to announce that we have submitted an updated version of our
I-D "VNF Pool Orchestration For Automated Resiliency in Service Chains".

Feedbacks and comments are welcome.

Best Regards,
Giacomo

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2016-04-04 8:40 GMT+02:00
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-02.txt
To: Giacomo Bernini <[email-masked]>, "Diego R. Lopez" <
[email-masked]>, Giada Landi <[email-masked]>, Pedro
Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Giacomo Bernini and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration
Revision:       02
Title:          VNF Pool Orchestration For Automated Resiliency in Service
Chains
Document date:  2016-04-03
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          15
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-02
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-02

Abstract:
   Network Function Virtualisation (NFV) aims at evolving the way
   network operators design, deploy and provision their networks by
   leveraging on standard IT virtualisation technologies to move and
   consolidate a wide range of network functions and services onto
   industry standard high volume servers, switches and storage.  The
   primary area of impact for operators is the network edge, being
   stimulated by the recent updates on NFV and SDN.  In fact, operators
   are looking at their future datacentres and Points of Presence (PoPs)
   as increasingly dynamic infrastructures to deploy Virtualised Network
   Functions (VNFs) and on-demand chained services with high elasticity.

   This document presents an orchestration framework for automated
   deployment of highly available VNF chains.  Resiliency of VNFs and
   chained services is a key requirement for operators to improve, ease,
   automate and speed up services lifecycle management.  The proposed
   VNFs orchestration framework is also positioned with respect to
   current NFV and Service Function Chaining (SFC) architectures and
   solutions.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
=============================================
 Giacomo Bernini
 R&D Project Manager

 mobile : +39 338 9454 784
 phone  : +39 050 3871 696
 e-mail : [email-masked]

 Nextworks s.r.l.
 via Livornese, 1027
 56122 S.Piero a Grado, Pisa - ITALY
=============================================