Subject: [Nfvrg] IEEE NetSoft 2018 - last week to submit demo papers

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 09:25:50 +0100

======================================================================
                              Call for Demos Papers

                               IEEE NetSoft 2018

                    The 4th IEEE International Conference on

                             Network Softwarization

                     “Achieving smart network softwarization”

                        25-29 June 2018, Montreal, Canada

                             http://ieee-netsoft.org

======================================================================

Important Dates

- Demo submission deadline: March 16, 2018
- Acceptance notification: April 6, 2018
- Camera-ready submission: April 20, 2018

======================================================================

The IEEE conference on Network Softwarization, NetSoft 2018, invites
demonstration proposals on networking software related research
prototypes. As a high-profile, leading edge forum for researchers and
engineers in the field of networking software, Software Defined
Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), NetSoft 2018
offers a unique opportunity to demonstrate innovative and leading-edge
networking software prototypes, engage with highly-skilled technical
audience, and discuss emerging technologies with key thought leaders.
Demonstrations showcasing working systems, innovative applications,
ground breaking ideas, and novel concepts related to networking software
are welcome. We are seeking the following types of contributions without
implying any order of preference:

- Demonstrations on topics related to NetSoft 2018
- Demonstrations from industrial and academia researchers.
- Demonstrations from open source communities.
- Demonstrations from 5G/NFV/SDN testbeds and prototypes.
- Demonstrations from student authors related to the concepts presented
in their paper(s).
- Demonstrations from authors whose contributions have been accepted in
the main conference and workshops

======================================================================

Demo Submission

Prospective contributors are expected to turn in a demo proposal in the
form of a 3-pages paper in IEEE conference double-column format,
preferably incorporating a demo system architecture illustration. Demo
papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted demo papers will be included
in the electronic conference/workshops proceedings bundle provided to
NetSoft 2018 attendees and will be subsequently submitted to IEEE
Xplore. The paper should incorporate the following:

- Title
- Author’s names and affiliation
- Abstract
- Description
 - Key networking concepts involved and what is demonstrated and
distinguishing aspects with respect to previous related work
- Prototype Illustrations
- Highlights of the innovation, with a clear description of novel ideas
in Networking Software.
- A crisp list of individual items that will be demonstrated.
- Relevant references, in particular if the demo is related to a paper
being accepted in the main conference or a workshop

The proposal may include additional documents like powerpoints, etc.,
that clarify the demonstration, as well as the list of technical
requirements for the demonstration (power outlet, space, etc.).

Demonstration proposal papers should be submitted through electronic
mail (e-mail) to the Demo Co-Chairs of NetSoft 2018:

Jérôme François, Inria, France ([email-masked])
Rashid Mijumbi, Nokia Bell Labs, Ireland ([email-masked])
Jeebak Mitra, Huawei, Canada ([email-masked])

At least one author of each accepted demo proposal is required to
register for the NetSoft 2018 main conference and present their demo at
the scheduled demo session(s).

======================================================================

Demo Co-Chairs

--------------

Jérôme François, Inria, France
Rashid Mijumbi, Nokia Bell Labs, Ireland
Jeebak Mitra, Huawei, Canada