Subject: [Nfvrg] IEEE PVE-SDN 2018 Workshop

From: Muge Fesci Sayıt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 11:22:39 +0300 (EET)

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP 
============================================================================ 

CALL FOR PAPERS 

IEEE PVE-SDN 2018 Workshop 
on Approaches, Analyses, and Performance Issues in 
Virtualized Environments and Software Defined Networking (PVE-SDN) 

Colocated with IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft 2018) 
25-29 June 2018 – Montreal, Canada 

http://sites.ieee.org/sagroups-1916-1/ieee-pve-sdn-2018 
=========================================================================== 

The emergence of software-defined networking (SDN) and network function 
virtualization (NFV) as two pillars of a new networking paradigm has led to 
design and deployment of elastic content- and service-delivery virtual 
networks on cloud-based data centres whose backbones consist of software- 
defined substrate physical networks. This dynamic, multi-layer architecture 
for network functions introduces new challenges in maintaining performance 
and quality of service for service providers, and requires new ideas and 
frameworks in performance measurement and network management. This workshop 
aims to bring together academic and industry researchers from software- 
defined ecosystems to identify and discuss technical challenges, state of 
the art techniques,and contemporary results related to performance analysis 
of SDN and NFV environments. 

Submissions are welcome on a variety of topics including but not limited 
to: 

- Performance models for virtualized environments 
- Performance metrics in virtualized environments 
- Performance measurement in virtualized environments 
- Quality of Service and Quality of Experience in cloud-based networks 
- Content distribution in virtualized environments and software-defined 
networks 
- Resource-aware virtualisation and infrastructure as a service 
- Management of software-defined ecosystems 
- Service provider requirements 
- SDN/NFV Performance in Context of 5G 
- Performance of SDN data, control, and management planes 
- Design and assessment of efficient SDN northbound/southbound interfaces 
- Performance of multi-controller SDN deployments 
- Service function chaining performance evaluation 
- Performance of NFV orchestration solutions 
- Approaches relevant to SDN and/or NFV 
- Analysis of SDN and/or NFV systems 
- SDN/NFV in Context of BlockChains, and FinTech 

Prospective authors are invited to submit papers prepared using IEEE 
2-column conference style with no more than 6 pages including figures and 
references. All the accepted papers need to be presented at the workshop. 
They will be included in the workshop proceedings as well as IEEE Xplore. 

=========================================================================== 

Important Dates 

Paper submission: March 16, 2018 
Acceptance notification: April 6, 2018 
Camera-ready submission: April 20, 2018 

For more details, please check the workshop website: 
http://sites.ieee.org/sagroups-1916-1/ieee-pve-sdn-2018/ 
=========================================================================== 

Organizers 

General Co-Chairs: 

Mohammad Asad Rehman Chaudhry, Soptimizer, Canada 
Shahram S. Heydari, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada 
Hesham ElBakoury, FutureWei, Huawei, USA 

Technical Co-Chairs: 

Mohamed Faten Zhani, ÉTS Montreal, Canada 
Lucia Gradinariu, Zeepabyte, Inc., USA 
Adrian Popescu, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden 

Panel Co-Chairs: 

Walter Cerroni, University of Bologna, Italy 
Amir Sheikh, Cox Communications, USA 

Publicity Co-Chairs: 

Müge Sayit, International Computer Institute, Ege University, Turkey 
Zakia Asad, Soptimizer, Canada 

Industry Liaison Co-Chairs: 

Khalid Adnan, Verizon Wireless 
Frank Rayal, Xona Partners 

Steering Committee: 

Mohammad Asad Rehman Chaudhry, Soptimizer, Canada 
Shahram S. Heydari, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada 
Walter Cerroni, University of Bologna, Italy 
Hesham ElBakoury, FutureWei, Huawei, USA 
Mohamed Faten Zhani, ÉTS Montreal, Canada 
Müge Sayit, International Computer Institute, Ege University, Turkey 
Adrian Popescu, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden 
Amir Sheikh, Cox Communications, USA 
Lucia Gradinariu, Zeepabyte, Inc., USA 
Zakia Asad, Soptimizer, Canada 
Khalid Adnan, Verizon Wireless 

--- 

Müge Sayıt, Ph.D. <muge.fesci.ege.edu.tr, [email-masked]> 
Associate Professor 

Ege University International Computer Institute 
35100, Bornova, Izmir 
TURKEY 

Tel: +90-232-3113230 
Fax: +90-232-3887230