Subject: [NGO] What work should we charter next?

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 04:49:39 -0400

Hi

There seems to be lot of interest in building on the base Netconf to
address various gaps that people have identified while implementing. If
we were to do a BOF in Chicago and present a charter for a new working
group to address some issues, what sort of problems should that charter
solve?

Here are some of the items I'd like to see

1. Standardized learning of what XML Schema and versions are supported
on a system
	I get asked this question a *lot*. We have a solution in my
organization but an IETF solution would be much  better.
2. Using XML Schema to define Netconf Content (draft available)
3. Monitoring Netconf protocol (draft available)

Other topics I think are important
1. Access control (draft available), although in practice this doesn't
seem gating. I'm not sure why.
2. Finer grain locking
3. Channelized SSH 

Most of the other work that people have done is also very useful, but I
think we need to prioritize.

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

_______________________________________________
NGO mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ngo

ion: 2.1.5
Precedence: list
List-Id: NETCONF Goes On - discussions on future work and extensions to
	NETCONF <ngo.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ngo>,
	<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <http://www1.ietf.org/pipermail/ngo>
List-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ngo>,
	<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
Errors-To: [email-masked]

Hi

There seems to be lot of interest in building on the base Netconf to
address various gaps that people have identified while implementing. If
we were to do a BOF in Chicago and present a charter for a new working
group to address some issues, what sort of problems should that charter
solve?

Here are some of the items I'd like to see

1. Standardized learning of what XML Schema and versions are supported
on a system
	I get asked this question a *lot*. We have a solution in my
organization but an IETF solution would be much  better.
2. Using XML Schema to define Netconf Content (draft available)
3. Monitoring Netconf protocol (draft available)

Other topics I think are important
1. Access control (draft available), although in practice this doesn't
seem gating. I'm not sure why.
2. Finer grain locking
3. Channelized SSH 

Most of the other work that people have done is also very useful, but I
think we need to prioritize.

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

_______________________________________________
NGO mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ngo