Subject: [NNTP] Streaming draft 02

From: clive at demon.net (Clive D.W. Feather)
Date: Fri Oct 15 12:31:21 2004

[Sorry, lost the original message]

A few minor comments.

Abstract and 2.2: I would change "asynchronous" to "pipelined".

2.3.3: "requesting" gives the wrong message, implying that it's necessary
to use MODE STREAMING. Use "checking" instead.

You need a section 3.3 (actually, it belongs between 3.1 and 3.2):

   3.2  Command continuation

   This syntax extends the non-terminal "command-continuation", which
   represents the further material sent by the client in the case of
   multi-stage commands.

     command-continuation /= takethis-continuation

     takethis-continuation = encoded-article

(encoded-article is defined in [NNTP]).

-- 
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <[email-masked]>   | Tel:    +44 20 8495 6138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <[email-masked]>  | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Mobile: +44 7973 377646
Thus plc            |                            |

---

From: ken at oceana.com (Ken Murchison)
Date: Fri Oct 15 12:39:07 2004

> Abstract and 2.2: I would change "asynchronous" to "pipelined".

I think asynchronous came from Jeff and/or RFC 2980, but I'm fine with 
either language.

> to use MODE STREAMING. Use "checking" instead.

Good point.

> (encoded-article is defined in [NNTP]).

Good catch.  Thanks!

-- 
Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
--PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp