Subject: [NNTP] Current NNTP draft status

From: rra at stanford.edu (Russ Allbery)
Date: Wed Oct 13 19:08:52 2004

I'm leaving tomorrow for two weeks of vacation, during which time I won't
have access to my e-mail and won't be able to do IETF work.
Unfortunately, we didn't get quite as much done as I was hoping before my
vacation, as a few more questions, clarifications, and changes came up
with the AUTHINFO and TLS documents.

If everyone would look over the LIST EXTENSIONS proposal that I sent out
and comment on it, I'd really like to get consensus about this by the time
I get back or shortly thereafter, if at all possible.  This obviously has
to be cleared up before any of our documents can advance.

We've already had a few working group calls for the AUTHINFO and TLS
documents, and I believe that the next versions will be ready for IETF
last call.  I'd like to be sure that Clive feels the same way, but other
than that, I think the documents are ready.

Scott, I'm going to send you separately the answers to those questions
about the document status for the AUTHINFO and TLS documents.

I'll be back from vacation on November 2nd.

-- 
Russ Allbery ([email-masked])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

---

From: ken at oceana.com (Ken Murchison)
Date: Wed Oct 13 20:39:13 2004

> with the AUTHINFO and TLS documents.

I believe that I have all of the necessary changes to TLS implemented 
(as posted on another thread) and will submit an updated draft soon.

As soon as I hear from Clive on one outstanding issue with AUTHINFO, 
I'll push out another draft.

I'll also gather feedback on STREAMING and update within a week or so.

> to be cleared up before any of our documents can advance.

Once this issue is resolved, we'll need one more round of tweaks to the 
extension docs (mostly with examples) to bring them inline with the base 
doc.

If all goes well, we can have all 4 docs proceed together.

-- 
Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
--PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp