Subject: [NNTP] draft-ietf-nntpext-streaming-02

From: clive at demon.net (Clive D.W. Feather)
Date: Fri Oct 15 03:25:33 2004

I wrote:

> Hang on.

> As I see it, the 432 response to TAKETHIS has exactly the same meaning as
> the 436 response to IHAVE. We explicitly list 436 as being possible after
> the article body has been sent. So when do existing servers generate this
> response? If they do, why shouldn't they generate 432 in the same
> situation?

Oh, and what about 441 to POST. Should this be replaced by 400 as well?

-- 
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <[email-masked]>   | Tel:    +44 20 8495 6138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <[email-masked]>  | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Mobile: +44 7973 377646
Thus plc            |                            |

---

From: ken at oceana.com (Ken Murchison)
Date: Fri Oct 15 06:24:13 2004

> Oh, and what about 441 to POST. Should this be replaced by 400 as well?

I am also confused.  I think we need Andrew to help us (or at least me) 
understand this how/why TAKETHIS is vastly different from IHAVE/POST.

-- 
Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
--PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp

---

From: andrew at supernews.net (Andrew - Supernews)
Date: Fri Oct 15 11:35:23 2004

>>>>> "Clive" == Clive D W Feather <[email-masked]> writes:

 Clive> Oh, and what about 441 to POST. Should this be replaced by 400
 Clive> as well?

No.

(I'm at a loss what further explanation to give for that, because even
making the suggestion shows a complete failure to understand common
NNTP usage.)

-- 
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com