Subject: Re: [NSIS] Request for timeslot draft-bos-mmusic-sdpqos-framework-00

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:01:07 -0500 (EST)

it is the policy of the transport area to not have presentations of internet
drafts during face to face sessions -  there is not enought time to
properly evaluate technical proposals - anyone that feels they have a good
idea should publish the idea as an ID then encourage people on the mailing
list to read and comment on the ID.  

but note that IETF working groups have charters which define what the
working group is to work on (and not work on) - proposals for work that do
not match the charter can not be accepted without the charter being revised
first (and that takes AD & IESG/IAB approval)

Scott

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Leroy Suresh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 14:16:15 +0100

Hi Scott,

The draft we wrote is a framework draft showing the need for end-to-end
QoS signalling. These requirements will lead to extension of -in our
case - the SDP protocol. The draft however doesn't describe the actual
SDP enhancements, it describes the requirements and a framework for
end-to-end QoS signalling. Therefore it is perfectly in line with the
current NSIS charter. We of course also welcome discussions on the
mailing list.

Suresh