Subject: [NSIS] RE: Modularity and grouping QoS requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:48:00 +0200

Hi Georgios,

> The problem I have with the NSIS WG requirements draft is 
> that these sequence of  doing things is very much opposite to the 
> sequence mentioned above. In the NSIS WG requirements draft the 
> following sequence of actions is followed:

Unfortunately, I am under server deadline pressures this week,
so I have not given the requirements document an indepth reading
which it deserves.

My high level comment should be that any model in the requirements
should be for illustrative purposes, not to imply any requirements.
Additionallly, the model should should functional blocks, not
how these functions are actually implemented.

Finally, I would suggest that everyone try to comment directly on 
the draft - add text, delete text, etc. rather then having 
gerneralized concerns.

John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 00:09:26 +0100

Hi,

> the draft - add text, delete text, etc. rather then having 

I would add another point to section 5.3 of draft-ietf-nsis-req-00:
5.3.8 Automatic discovery of QoS Controllers.
      This will allow some degree of auto configuration which can
      be useful in many scenarios. For instance, hosts (especially 
      mobile ones) will be able to find out the next adjacent QCs.      

In a conrete implementation, several multicast groups of different
scopes can be used to send QC "advertisements" periodically. 
Additionally, hosts should be able to send discovery requests to 
a multicast group, triggering immediate individual responses from 
adjacent QCs. Further example uses are: distribution of status
(e.g., active/stand-by QCs) or pricing information.

Regards,
 Roland

-- 
Roland Bless -- e-Mail: [email-masked]
Institute of Telematics, University of Karlsruhe, Germany  
Zirkel 2, D-76128 Karlsruhe -- Office: Bld. 20.20, 3rd floor, R 358
Phone: +49 721 608-6413 Fax: +49 721 388097