Subject: [NSIS] Draft submitted: draft-partain-nsis-requirements-00.txt

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:22:29 +0100

Greetings,

I just sent the following to the Internet Drafts people.

  "Please find attached draft-partain-nsis-requirements-00.txt.
   This is not the product of an IETF Working Group, although it
   is written specifically with the NSIS Working Group in mind.

   Title     : NSIS QoS Signalling Requirements
   Author(s) : D. Partain, A. Bergsten, M. Greis, G. Karagiannis,
               J. Manner, J. Murphy, P. Pan, V. Rexhepi,
               L.  Westberg, H. Zheng
   Filename  : draft-partain-nsis-requirements-00.txt
   Pages     : 30
   Date      : February 2002

   This memo identifies a set of requirements that must be
   applied to the development of the NSIS quality of service
   (QoS) signalling protocol.  These requirements are based upon
   the needs of various kinds of applications that will utilize
   IP networks and need to be able to signal their QoS needs."

I won't belabor the mailing list by attaching a copy of the
draft to this mail, but if you're interested in having a
look at it before the ID people get it out, you'll find it
at http://standards.ericsson.net/partain

In addition, so you'll know what we've been up to, you'll find
all of the versions of the document up to this submission,
warts and all, as well as a list of what we consider to be
open issues with this document.

Before anyone shouts at me, I realize that John has selected
Marcus Brunner's document as the foundation for the WG's
requirements draft.  The authors above were already close to
finished with this document when that announcement was made, so
it only made sense to complete the document for the WG's review.
We, of course, hope that it will move the discussion forward.

Looking forward to your comments.

Cheers,

David Partain

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Marcus Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:28:17 +0100 (CET)

I thank David and his co-authors for the draft. It really helps to have the 
ideas of people on "virtual" paper. 

Comments, question etc. are coming in different mails.
Marcus

> Looking forward to your comments.

-------
Marcus Brunner
Network Labs
NEC Europe Ltd
Heidelberg, Germany

E-Mail: [email-masked]
WWW: www.brubers.org/marcus