Subject: [NSIS] conference call on out-of-band signalling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:11:00 +0100

Hi all,

At the Atlanta IETF meeting, there was a mini-BOF presentation (available
at http://users.skynet.be/besvand1/offpath.ppt) on out-of-band signalling
in the TSVWG meeting. In order to proceed with this work, I would like to
organize a conference call between all interested parties to gauge the
interest in and potential participation to a BOF on out-of-path signalling
at the next IETF. In order to have a realistic chance of getting some work
in this area accepted, we need to restrict the scope of what we will be
trying to achieve. The purpose of the proposed call would therefore be to
find out:
- is there sufficient interest in off-path signalling to have a succesful
BOF
- can we get an overview of why people want offpath signalling (what is the
application/driver)
- can we define a charter that is broad enough to cover these desires yet
restrict it to something that is both feasible in and acceptable to the
IETF. Note that a draft charter is already available
http://users.skynet.be/besvand1/draft-charter.txt

I would like to offer to host this call next thursday, Januari 16 (4pm-5pm
CET). You can call in via the number of Lieve Van Staey (+32 3 240 7831)
who will transfer you to the conference bridge. An access code will not be
required. Please indicate if you intend to attend the call. We can then
wait a couple of minutes for all confirmed participants to connect.

Hope to hear you next thursday,
Sven.

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis