Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-westberg-rmd-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 07:19:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Resource Management in Diffserv (RMD) Framework
	Author(s)	: L. Westberg et al.
	Filename	: draft-westberg-rmd-framework-03.txt
	Pages		: 59
	Date		: 2003-5-28
	
This draft presents the work on the framework for the Resource
Management in Diffserv (RMD) designed for edge-to-edge resource
reservation in a Differentiated Services (Diffserv) domain.  The RMD
extends the Diffserv architecture with new resource reservation
concepts and features. Moreover, this framework enhances the Load
Control protocol described in [WeTu00].
The RMD framework defines two architectural concepts:
- the Per Hop Reservation (PHR)
- the Per Domain Reservation (PDR)
The PHR protocol is used within a Diffserv domain on a per-hop basis
to augment the Diffserv Per Hop Behavior (PHB) with resource
reservation. It is implemented in all nodes in a Diffserv domain. On
the other hand, the PDR protocol manages the resource reservation per
Diffserv domain, relying on the PHR resource reservation status in
all nodes.  The PDR is only implemented at the boundary of the domain
(at the edge nodes).
The RMD framework presented in this draft describes the new
reservation concepts and features. Furthermore it describes the:
- relationship between the PHR and PHB
- interaction between the PDR and PHR
- interoperability between the PDR and external resource
reservation schemes
This framework is an open framework in the sense that it provides the
basis for interoperability with other resource reservation schemes
and can be applied in different types of networks as long as they are
Diffserv domains. It aims at extreme simplicity and low cost of
implementation along with good scaling properties.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westberg-rmd-framework-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-westberg-rmd-framework-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-westberg-rmd-framework-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.