Subject: [NSIS] Pre-establishment and Fast re-establishment.

From: "Elena Scialpi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:32:26 +0100

Hi all,

I haven't understood  the differences between  Pre-establishment and Fast re-
establishment in the following draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-nsis-mobility-nslp-01.txt.

Could you give me an explanation in few words ? 

Hoping in your answers.
Best regards
Elena 

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: "Sung Hyuck Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 22:06:25 +0900

Hi Elena,

I have been out of my office due to priviate affairs. Sorry not to immediately respond
your question.

We've focused on how to fast establish QoS-NSLP states (after a mobility event occurs)  
in the following draft: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-nsis-mobility-nslp-01.txt.
One possible way to fast establish the QoS-NSLP states is to pre-establish the 
QoS-NSLP states along the candidate paths during handover, and another is to 
re-establish the QoS-NSLP states along a new path after handover. The former is called 
Pre-establishment in our draft, and the latter is referred to as Fast re-establishment.
In our draft, the Fast re-establishment is initiated after handover if the Pre-establishment 
fails during handover (before handover is completed) or does not operate appropriately. 
In this case, NEs along the new path can quickly re-establish the QoS-NSLP states 
because the QoS-NSLP states are already available through CARD/CT or 
Pre-establishment procedure. This is why the latter is called Fast re-establishment.

Regards,

Sung-Hyuck

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf 
> Of Elena Scialpi
> Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 5:32 PM
> To: nsis
> Subject: [NSIS] Pre-establishment and Fast re-establishment.
> 
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> 
> 	ìŠÉšŠX§‚X¬¶{"²'~Šà†Ûi³ÿðÃ
bz×è®æj)fjåŠËbú?žÈ¬