Subject: [NSIS] Support for local domain information in the QSPEC

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:54:38 +0200

I'm trying to tease through all of the mails on this, and so if my
interpretation is incorrect, please suggest corrective text.

At the previous IETF, Dave Oran proposed that we have a mathmatically
complete description of the traffic source.  I believe we have consensus
on that. 

The open question is how to handle QoS model specific parameters:
traffic class, diff serv classes, etc.
1) Include a common set of them as optional parameters in the QSPEC
document and allow QoSM documents define additional parameters via an
IANA registry.  
2) Allow QoSM documents to define their own complete QSPECs, which are
used within the QoSM domain, essentially defining an e2e QSPEC and a
local QSPEC.

I think Georgios summarized these quite well in:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nsis/current/msg07164.html

I believe that more people were favoring #2.  Of course, the devil is
always in the details, as there have been discussions about what
parameters belong where.

Comments?
John
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: "Ash, Gerald R \(Jerry\), ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 06:42:02 -0600

Hi John,
 
My impression was clearly agreement on option 1, which I think Georgios
originally described in his post at 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nsis/current/msg07213.html
and again at
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nsis/current/msg07232.html
 
On the thread I think most agreed with Georgios' suggestion, see 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nsis/current/msg07237.html
and then
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nsis/current/msg07238.html
 
Thanks,
Jerry

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 2:55 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NSIS] Support for local domain information in the QSPEC

I think Georgios summarized these quite well in: 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nsis/current/msg07164.html
<http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nsis/current/msg07164.html>  

Comments? 
John