Subject: RE: [NSIS] The version 3 of the InterDomain-QOSM Draft: the NSIS QOSModel to Fulfill the E2E QoS Control in the ITU-T RACFFunctional Archi tecture

From: "Roy, Radhika R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 10:16:36 -0500

Jian and John:

It is nice that a meeting will take place like this. Hope that the
following questions will be discussed in the Architecture:

1. Each QOSM model will work individually with NSIS QOS Signaling:
DiffServ QOSM <-> NSIS, RSVP QOSM <-> NSIS, IntServ <-> NSIS, DSTE <->
NSIS, 3GPP/Y.1541 <-> NSIS, or Y.1541 <-> NSIS. 

However, the implementation-specific value-based DSTE, 3GPP/Y.1541, and
Y.1541 do not have any signaling messages. So, the only way they use
NSIS QOS signaling messages to have some specific values for some set of
QOS parameters that become some specific value-based
implementation-specific instances of NSIS QOS signaling messages. Why do
these three QOSM models want to be treated in the same level like those
of DiffServ, RSVP, and IntServ QOSM?

Even DSTE and Y.1541 will NEVER interwork because their "values" of all
QOS parameters are different. If so, why is NSIS WG addressing all of
those (DiffServ, RSVP, IntServ, Y.1541, DSTE, and 3GPP-Y.1541) in the
same QSPEC draft knowing the interworking problem? Will RACFF
Architecture be able to solve this Interworking problem? If so, how?

2. Interworking between DiffServ, RSVP, and IntServ QOSM using NSIS QOS
signaling protocols are there and there are no issues for mapping as
each one of them has its own non-implementation-specific non-value-based
signaling messages. So, the Interworking problems among these QOS
signaling protocols are NOT an issue.

If so, will the RACFF make a separate arch only for these QOS protocols?

3. Will the RACFF Arch qualify the implementation-specific value-based
Y.1541 QOS scheme that does not any signaling messages defining the
"generalized" properties of QOS characteristics of each performance
parameter in the same level of DIffServ, RSVP, and IntServ? If so, will
be able to explain how?

4. Will the RACFF arch be able to create the implementation-specific
value-based QOS Interworking architecture along the line of OSP protocol
where all implementers agree on some SLA agreements including QOS (e.g.,
specific values of delay, jitter, and packet loss for DiffServ code
points, already specified values for delay, jitter, and packet loss in
Y.1541)?

We would be interested to know the outcome of the meeting in getting the
answers of the above questions.

Best regards,
Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:37 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [NSIS] The version 3 of the InterDomain-QOSM Draft: the
NSIS QOSModel to Fulfill the E2E QoS Control in the ITU-T RACFFunctional
Architecture

Jian,

Are any of the authors participating in the ITU-T RACF discussions?

thanks,
John 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: ext Jian Zhang [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent: 31 October, 2006 17:18
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
>[email-masked]
>Subject: [NSIS] The version 3 of the InterDomain-QOSM Draft: 
>the NSIS QOS Model to Fulfill the E2E QoS Control in the ITU-T 
>RACF Functional Architecture
>
>Dear all,
>
>Please kindly read the version 3 of the InterDomain-QOSM 
>Draft: our effort to define a NSIS QOS Model to fulfill the 
>E2E QoS control in the ITU-T RACF functional architecture, 
>which has been submitted to the NSIS WG for discussion at the 
>coming IETF meeting.
>
>And if you have any questions or suggestions about this draft, 
>we would like to answer or discuss with you in this mailing 
>list. The abstract of this draft is attached below and the 
>link which holds the whole contents of the draft is also 
>provided below.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Jian Zhang
>
>Dept. of Computer Science
>Queen Mary, Univ. of London
>

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis