Subject: [NSIS] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-18

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:04:17 -0400

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-18.txt has been successfuly submitted by Cornelia Kappler and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-nsis-qspec
Revision:	 18
Title:		 QoS NSLP QSPEC Template
Creation_date:	 2007-10-16
WG ID:		 nsis
Number_of_pages: 48

Abstract:
The QoS NSLP protocol is used to signal QoS reservations and is
independent of a specific QoS model (QOSM) such as IntServ or
DiffServ.  Rather, all information specific to a QOSM is encapsulated
in a separate object, the QSPEC.  This document defines a template
for the QSPEC including a number of QSPEC parameters.  The QSPEC
parameters provide a common language to be re-used in several QOSMs
and thereby aim to ensure the extensibility and interoperability of
QoS NSLP.  The node initiating the NSIS signaling adds an initiator
QSPEC, which indicates the QSPEC parameters that must be interpreted
by the downstream nodes less the reservation fails, thereby ensuring
the intention of the NSIS initiator is preserved along the signaling
path.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis