Subject: [NSIS] Errats on RFC 4230

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 13:20:45 +0200 (EET)

Dear all,

Our WG has an open action point to fix some comments on our published RFC 
4230 RSVP Security Properties. There are some editorial things, but a few 
technical comments. The authors of RFC 4230 should make the changes, but 
the WG could provide feedback:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4230&rec_status=15&presentation=records

-----------------------------------

Errata ID: 976

Status: Reported
Type: Technical

Reported By: Alfred Hoenes
Date Reported: 2007-05-16

Section 3.2 says:

   The sending system needs to maintain the following attributes in such
   a security association [1]:

      [...]

      o  Latest sequence number (received with this key identifier)

It should say:

   The sending system needs to maintain the following attributes in such
   a security association [1]:

     [...]

      o  Latest sequence number (sent with this key identifier)

Notes:

received --> sent

-----------------------

Errata ID: 977

Status: Reported
Type: Technical

Reported By: Alfred Hoenes
Date Reported: 2007-05-16

Section 3.4 says:

        [...].  The RSVP INTEGRITY object (outer object) covers the
   entire RSVP message, whereas the POLICY_DATA INTEGRITY object only
   covers objects within the POLICY_DATA element.

It should say:

[not submitted]

Notes:

The subsequent Figure 1 (on top of page 10)
does *not* depict this security relevant object at all.

Has there something been fost from Figure 1 ?

---------------------------------

Regards,
Jukka