Subject: [NSIS] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 04:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RMD-QOSM - The Resource Management in Diffserv QOS Model
	Author(s)       : A. Bader, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-14.txt
	Pages           : 99
	Date            : 2009-03-05

This document describes an NSIS QoS Model for networks that use the 
Resource Management in Diffserv (RMD) concept.  RMD is a technique 
for adding admission control and pre-emption function to 
Differentiated Services (Diffserv) networks.  The RMD QoS Model 
allows devices external to the RMD network to signal reservation 
requests to edge nodes in the RMD network. The RMD Ingress edge nodes
classify the incoming flows into traffic classes and signals resource
requests for the corresponding traffic class along the data path to 
the Egress edge nodes for each flow.  Egress nodes reconstitute the 
original requests and continue forwarding them along the data path 
towards the final destination. In addition, RMD defines notification 
functions to indicate overload situations within the domain to the 
edge nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.