Subject: [NSIS] FW: I-D Action:draft-moore-nat-xc-02.txt

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 11:36:04 +0200

Hey Keith, 

Instead of defininig your own protocol you could the NSIS NATFW NSLP for
this purpose. Running code is available.

Here is the link: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-20.txt

You might need to extend the NATFW NSLP based on your additional
requirements. 

Ciao
Hannes

PS: Martin might have the link with the implementations for you.  

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of 
>[email-masked]
>Sent: 09 March, 2009 07:45
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D Action:draft-moore-nat-xc-02.txt 
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line 
>Internet-Drafts directories.
>
>	Title           : IPv4/v6 NAT With Explicit Control (NAT-XC)
>	Author(s)       : K. Moore
>	Filename        : draft-moore-nat-xc-02.txt
>	Pages           : 38
>	Date            : 2009-03-08
>
>This document describes a mechanism called NAT-XC (for NAT 
>with Explicit Control) for translating between IPv4 and IPv6.  
>NAT-XC is distinguished from other IPv4/IPv6 translations 
>schemes in that it separates the translation between IPv4 and 
>IPv6 from the management of address bindings for such a 
>translation; and is designed to allow applications to be 
>explicitly aware of, and control, their address bindings.  
>NAT-XC can be used by both IPv4 clients wishing to communicate 
>via IPv6, and IPv6 clients wishing to communicate via IPv4.  
>NAT-XC appears to be usable in a wide variety of scenarios 
>requiring communication across IPv4/IPv6 boundaries.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moore-nat-xc-02.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
>reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
>version of the Internet-Draft.
>