Subject: [NSIS] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-sctp-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 16:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : General Internet Signaling Transport (GIST) over SCTP and Datagram TLS
	Author(s)       : X. Fu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-sctp-07.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-03-08

The General Internet Signaling Transport (GIST) protocol currently
uses TCP or TLS over TCP for connection mode operation.  This
document describes the usage of GIST over the Stream Control
Transmission Protocol (SCTP) and Datagram Transport Layer Security
(DTLS).  The use of SCTP can take advantage of features provided by
SCTP, namely streaming-based transport, support of multiple streams
to avoid head of line blocking, the support of multi-homing to
provide network level fault tolerance, as well as partial reliability
extension for partially reliable data transmission.  This document
also specifies how to establish GIST security over datagram transport
protocols using an extension to DTLS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-sctp-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.