Subject: [ntpwg] Figure 26 error in SYNC state

From: "David L. Mills" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 20:02:02 +0000

Guys,

Somebody on the newsgroup discovered an error in the ornamental 
commentary in ntp_loopfilter.c. I corrected the commentary to agree with 
the actual code, then checked the NTPv4 draft and found Figure 28 had 
the same error. Forthwith the corrected figure. Only the SYNC state is 
affected.

      +-------+---------------------+-------------------+--------------+
      | State | theta < STEP        | theta > STEP      | Comments     |
      +-------+---------------------+-------------------+--------------+
      | NSET  | ->FREQ              | ->FREQ            | no frequency |
      |       | adjust time         | step time         | file         |
      +-------+---------------------+-------------------+--------------+
      | FSET  | ->SYNC              | ->SYNC            | frequency    |
      |       | adjust time         | step time         | file         |
      +-------+---------------------+-------------------+--------------+
      | SPIK  | ->SYNC              | if < 900 s ->SPIK | outlyer      |
      |       | adjust freq         | else ->SYNC       | detected     |
      |       | adjust time         | step freq         |              |
      |       |                     | step time         |              |
      +-------+---------------------+-------------------+--------------+
      | FREQ  | if < 900 s ->FREQ   | if < 900 s ->FREQ | initial      |
      |       | else ->SYNC         | else ->SYNC       | frequency    |
      |       | step freq           | step freq         |              |
      |       | adjust time         | adjust time       |              |
      +-------+---------------------+-------------------+--------------+
      | SYNC  | ->SYNC              | ->SPIK            | normal       |
      |       | adjust freq         |                   | operation    |
      |       | adjust time         |                   |              |
      +-------+---------------------+-------------------+--------------+

                   Figure 28: State Transition Function

Dave
_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.ntp.org/mailman/listinfo/ntpwg

---

From: Harlan Stenn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 20:30:41 +0000

Dave,

I might as well be the one to say this...

Which column should be done if theta == STEP?

H

>       | ...