Subject: [ntpwg] [Fwd: [Int-area] TSVWG last call on "UDP Usage Guidelines for Application Designers" to BCP]

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 22:49:24 -0400

Since NTP is an exclusive user of UDP I thought that the Working Group 
might be interested in this BCP for UDP.

Danny

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Int-area] TSVWG last call on "UDP Usage Guidelines for 
Application Designers" to BCP
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 17:05:32 +0200
From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
To: Internet Area <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I would like to inform that currently TSVWG has started the WG last call
on "UDP Usage Guidelines for Application Designers"
(draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-06) with the intended status of BCP. It
runs until the 21st of April. If you like to provide any comments please
send them to the TSVWG mailing list ([email-masked]).

Abstract:

     The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) provides a minimal, message-passing
     transport that has no inherent congestion control mechanisms.
     Because congestion control is critical to the stable operation of the
     Internet, applications and upper-layer protocols that choose to use
     UDP as an Internet transport must employ mechanisms to prevent
     congestion collapse and establish some degree of fairness with
     concurrent traffic.  This document provides guidelines on the use of
     UDP for the designers of such applications and upper-layer protocols.
     Congestion control guidelines are a primary focus, but the document
     also provides guidance on other topics, including message sizes,
     reliability, checksums and middlebox traversal.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-06.txt

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area

_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.ntp.org/mailman/listinfo/ntpwg