Subject: [ntpwg] New draft proposals

From: Harlan Stenn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 01:06:24 -0700

Folks,

I've submitted some proposals:

 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-i-do/
 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-ipv6-refid-hash/
 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-last-extension/
 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-leap-smear-refid/
 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-suggest-refid/

The first, "I-Do", is a way for one ntpd instance to say "I support the
following extension fields, what EFs to you support?".

The "IPv6 REFID hash" is a way to specify an IPv6-based refid in a way
that does not collide with usable IPv4-based refids.

The "Last Extension" proposal is a way to say "I'm the last Extension
Field.  What comes next is a legacy MAC."

The "Leap Smear REFID" codifies what the reference implementation
currently does if leap-smear support is enabled and >actively processing
a leap smear<.

The "Suggest REFID" proposal is a mechanism for system A to offer a
nonce to system B to be used as B's refid in the case where B decides A
is its system peer.

-- 
Harlan Stenn <[email-masked]>
http://networktimefoundation.org - be a member!

_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo/ntpwg