Subject: [ntpwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mayer-ntp-mac-extension-field-00.txt

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 14:26:02 -0400

I have now posted the first draft of the MAC Extension Field and I am
requesting that it be adopted by the Working Group.

Danny

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-mayer-ntp-mac-extension-field-00.txt
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:23:16 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Harlan Stenn <[email-masked]>, Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mayer-ntp-mac-extension-field-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Danny Mayer and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-mayer-ntp-mac-extension-field
Revision:	00
Title:		The Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) MAC Extension Field
Document date:	2016-03-14
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		6
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mayer-ntp-mac-extension-field-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mayer-ntp-mac-extension-field/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mayer-ntp-mac-extension-field-00

Abstract:
   The Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) defines in RFC5905 the
   optional usage of Message Authentication Code (MAC). The MAC is an
   optional component of the NTP packet at the end of the packet. There
   can only be one MAC segment in the packet but there is no way of
   knowing if the last data segment at the end of an NTP packet is a MAC
   or an extension field, which is also defined in RFC5905. This draft
   defines a MAC extension field which will allow the existing MAC
   segment to be moved into an extension field and have a known length
   and deprecates the existing MAC.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo/ntpwg