Subject: [ntpwg] MAC-for-NTP draft updated.

From: Aanchal Malhotra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 16:35:31 -0400

Hi All,

We've updated our NTP-MAC draft. Right now we are recommending the use of
CMAC-AES for NTP.  We are recommending against the use of GMAC-AES because
it has a nonce reuse vulnerability that we think is a big problem for NTP.
We choose CMAC-AES instead because it is both preformant and standardized.

However, there are other MAC algorithms that may be good for NTP but are
NOT standardized yet.  So, we are continuing to look at these algorithms
and see if they might be good for NTP and NTS, once they are standardized.

URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aanchal4-ntp-mac-
02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-aanchal4-ntp-mac/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aanchal4-ntp-mac-02

See you all tomorrow!

Aanchal Malhotra
_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo/ntpwg