Subject: [Ntp] Splitting draft-ietf-ntp-packet-timestamps

From: Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 08:54:46 +0300

Hi,

As discussed in IETF 101, we are considering to split the draft into two
separate drafts: (1) a draft that specifies the timestamp specification
template and recommended formats, and (2) a draft that specifies the
control field. Obviously, the two topics are tightly coupled and would
benefit from being in the same draft, but splitting the draft would allow
(1) to be published in the near future, while we are continuing to work on
(2) which still requires more work. After having discussed this internally
the authors are inclined towards splitting into two drafts, but we would be
happy to hear people's opinions.

Thanks,
Tal.

---

From: "Ulrich Windl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 08:26:05 +0200

Hi!

I just wonder: Would (1) be of any use without (2)?

Regards,
Ulrich

>>> Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]> schrieb am 28.03.2018 um 07:54 in
Nachricht