Subject: [Ntp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gruessing-ntp-ntpv5-requirements-00.txt

From: James <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 20:09:01 +0100

NTP Working Group,

At the IETF 109 meeting the suggestion was made to create a requirements
document for NTPv5. I have taken the work others have done describing both
the issues with NTPv4 and the desirable capabilities and made a first pass
at covering these, as well as describing the use cases and other
requirements I thought are important. Your feedback would on the draft
would be greatly appreciated.

- J

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 at 18:52
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gruessing-ntp-ntpv5-requirements-00.txt
To: James <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gruessing-ntp-ntpv5-requirements-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by James and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-gruessing-ntp-ntpv5-requirements
Revision:       00
Title:          NTPv5 use cases and requirements
Document date:  2020-11-22
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          6
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gruessing-ntp-ntpv5-requirements-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gruessing-ntp-ntpv5-requirements/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gruessing-ntp-ntpv5-requirements
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gruessing-ntp-ntpv5-requirements-00

Abstract:
   This document describes the use cases, requirements, and
   considerations that should be factored in the design of a successor
   protocol to supercede version 4 of the NTP protocol [RFC5905]
   presently referred to as NTP version 5 ("NTPv5").  This document is
   non-exhaustive and does not in its current version represent working
   group consensus.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat